Omt/omm cme

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nylesor

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
MD family practice resident looking to do an area of concentration in OMT/OMM. Where can I find CME or correspondence courses? Where do I find CME's or conferences in general? Thanks! (Just to be clear, I know I'm not going to be a DO with a few hours of training, but would like to have a few extra tricks in the bag for some of the more common complaints we see in clinic, like LBP and HA. Thanks again)

Members don't see this ad.

MD family practice resident looking to do an area of concentration in OMT/OMM. Where can I find CME or correspondence courses? Where do I find CME's or conferences in general? Thanks! (Just to be clear, I know I'm not going to be a DO with a few hours of training, but would like to have a few extra tricks in the bag for some of the more common complaints we see in clinic, like LBP and HA. Thanks again)

There's not really a great one-stop place to find these. If you live close to an osteopathic school they usually offer CME and have it listed on their website. Otherwise each state's osteopathic society provide them during annual or semi-annual conferences. The AOA has them twice a year at their big conferences as well. Sorry for not having much specific.

As an addendum to the original question, can I audit OMT class at the local DO med school? (I need 200 hrs for my area of concentration anyway). How does one go about doing this? I contacted the admissions office, but I think they were confused about the whole doctor wanting to go back to med school thing...

Call and ask your local DO school.

There is an OMT concentrated course taught in Boston at Harvard every summer for MDs.