Omt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

azq

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it Ok to do OMT after the closure? I don't want to take risk of not finishing the H&P. If I have some time left after the closure I can do at least soft tissue or myofacial release for OMT or all SP's, if relavent, otherwise I will put it on my plan. Is there any one who tried this way. I don't see any problem to do OMT after closure but I just want to make sure it is Ok.
My strategy is to finish the H&P, explain my impression, plan, and ask a question then at the end I will say Mr/Miss.. I want to do some manuplation on you today and I will do another technique when we meet next time. As I said, If I finish everything else before I can relax and do the OMT part without any rush. If I don't have enough time at least I can do soft tissue or I will put it under my plan.

Any comment please..
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You'll know the patients who are OMT patients. Really, you can't miss them. You can talk and do OMT at the same time if you want. But you are expected to actually do OMT in the visit for the OMT patients.

They will prompt you - you can't miss the hint. If you do - fail.

I did OMT on those who requested. However, I also did an OMT on a patient that didn't request it but I had plenty of time anyway. I guess it scored me some brownie points b/c I somehow passed - and I know I screwed up a ton. :laugh:

Even if it is an OMT SP, I still need to do other work up like x-ray beside OMT..right?

So, what do you say about my strategy? Finish my H & P, make a closing statement( my impression, my plan) and then tell the SP that you will do OMT now and get back to him/her after the other test result is back.

Again, do you think soft tissue or myofacial technique can be enough for an OMT patient? I think that is what I can do more easily for any complaint and not to worry about any contraindications before I rule out fracture or other

Thank you all again.

Last edited:
I did OMT immediately after finishing the H/P if requested.
I told them I will perform manipulation based on X, Y, Z findings.
Then, after I finished treating, I would tell them the next plan of action and have them agree to it.

You can do whatever OMT you want except HVLA. So really it doesnt matter what you do.