On a waiting list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skoolgirl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im currently on a waiting list at a school. Whenever I call to ask for the movement, they say that they are waiting for Canadian schools to start accepting students. Thats when most people drop out.
When do Canadian schools start accepting students for 2010 cycle?
Really worried now. plzzz help

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

same question, anyone please?

Im currently on a waiting list at a school. Whenever I call to ask for the movement, they say that they are waiting for Canadian schools to start accepting students. Thats when most people drop out.
When do Canadian schools start accepting students for 2010 cycle?
Really worried now. plzzz help

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
University of BC is done accepting students
I am not sure about other universities though

What schools are you guys waiting at? Also if you wouldn't mind posting your stats. :D

hmm... this puts an interesting twist on things.

skoolgirl -- what school did you talk to? im waiting on bu... hopefully this applies there too? lol

I was just wondering if a committee can reject an applicant who was placed on the waiting list. or do they just rank the waiting list and keep applicants waiting until classes start?

Im really really worried. I rather have them keep me waiting until the end than reject me.

Thanks

I really don't think that's how it works, being on the waitlist is like being accepted as long as enough people drop out, lol, they need a waitlist as back up in case more students than expected, chose other schools and not them. I think when a spot opens up, waitlist ranked or not, they look at the majority of waitlisters. Things may have changed on the waitlist since it was created, people may have submitted new grades from classes or re-taking the DAT, or they may look at who has been showing interest. My advice would be to call them and let them know you are still interested and ask what the current status of the waitlist is. That's what I have been doing. Let us know what you find out :)

Thank u so much that gives me such a relief. I will keep posting if I find out something new.

Thanks again :)

hey the ontario schools accept people end of june/beg july:) hope that helps!