1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice

On Getting Into a Post-Bac Program

Discussion in 'Postbaccalaureate Programs' started by LordKrishna, Apr 23, 2004.

1. LordKrishna

LordKrishna New Member

Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how difficult it is to get accepted into a Post-Bacc program of the 'General Sciences' variety.

Is there a way, for example, I can view the acceptance rates *into* a post-bac program?

EDIT: I have noticed that this is not something mentioned often in these forums (or anywhere I've checked on the web), although I have found a great deal on acceptance rates into Med School *from* post-bac programs...

Thanks,
    -K

2. camisho

camisho Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

um why are you taking the name of God in your username?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. OP
    OP
    LordKrishna

LordKrishna New Member

Not that I think it's particularly relevant to the message thread, but I may as well answer you, as no one else has yet posted.

My name is Krishna -- it is an extremely common practice among Hindus for children to be named after various deities, not entirely unlike Hispanic Catholics named Jesus, (or indeed, any woman named Mary/Maria/Miriam, etc., after the Virgin)

-K

4. camisho

camisho Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

yes that's true, but why "Lord"? that seems a bit ridiculous

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Spartacus

Spartacus X & Y
    7+ Year Member

dude, let it go!

it's not a big deal, it's just a username!!!

6. Superflyjsc

Superflyjsc Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

In sticking with the topic, I dont think its hard at all to get accepted to a post-bacc program just as long as your previous GPA and grades are average. Obviously the post-bacc programs at ivy league schools might be a bit more difficult to get into but for "general sciences" i doubt it really matters where u go as long as u go to good school and do really well in your classes. Actually i take that back, getting really good grades and scores at a postbacc from an ivy league school will be much more credited than good grades and scores from just a local run of the mill school.
    I think medical schools do look for those things too unless im wrong.