Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

On Getting Into a Post-Bac Program

Discussion in 'Postbaccalaureate Programs' started by LordKrishna, Apr 23, 2004.

1. LordKrishna

LordKrishna New Member

Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on how difficult it is to get accepted into a Post-Bacc program of the 'General Sciences' variety.

Is there a way, for example, I can view the acceptance rates *into* a post-bac program?

EDIT: I have noticed that this is not something mentioned often in these forums (or anywhere I've checked on the web), although I have found a great deal on acceptance rates into Med School *from* post-bac programs...

Thanks,
    -K

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. camisho

camisho Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

um why are you taking the name of God in your username?

4. LordKrishna

LordKrishna New Member

Not that I think it's particularly relevant to the message thread, but I may as well answer you, as no one else has yet posted.

My name is Krishna -- it is an extremely common practice among Hindus for children to be named after various deities, not entirely unlike Hispanic Catholics named Jesus, (or indeed, any woman named Mary/Maria/Miriam, etc., after the Virgin)

-K

5. camisho

camisho Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

yes that's true, but why "Lord"? that seems a bit ridiculous

6. Spartacus

Spartacus X & Y
    7+ Year Member

dude, let it go!

it's not a big deal, it's just a username!!!

7. Superflyjsc

Superflyjsc Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

In sticking with the topic, I dont think its hard at all to get accepted to a post-bacc program just as long as your previous GPA and grades are average. Obviously the post-bacc programs at ivy league schools might be a bit more difficult to get into but for "general sciences" i doubt it really matters where u go as long as u go to good school and do really well in your classes. Actually i take that back, getting really good grades and scores at a postbacc from an ivy league school will be much more credited than good grades and scores from just a local run of the mill school.
    I think medical schools do look for those things too unless im wrong.