On-hand quantities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Does your pharmacy's system allow you to view past on-hands? I.e. a virtual perpetual inventory

• Yes

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CetiAlphaFive

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does your Rx system allow you to view old on hand quantities? I was speaking to a friend with a clinical job who thought it was impossible to go back and view them.

Every place I've ever worked at including my current job which uses Pioneer allows us to.

I.e. you believe you're off by 15 tablets, so you wanna see how many were available on 04/03/2022

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, I assumed that was pretty standard at this point. At least among the larger pharmacies. We pretty much only use it when we have control discrepancies but it does work with any drug

Members don't see this ad :)
I think the chains do this but the number is usually inaccurate except for controls. Unless inventory just happened.

Reactions: 1 users
I think the chains do this but the number is usually inaccurate except for controls. Unless inventory just happened.
Even if inventory just happened, it still may be off too. I worked for a grocery chain briefly, and any open bottle automatically got designated at 50% capacity regardless if it had 1 or 499 tablets. Except for controls obviously.

Reactions: 1 user
Controls, especially CIIs, you can definitely track backwards on the inventory system to find cause for discrepancies. Comparing it with OV invoices, cycle counts, and back-count verification you get a good idea where it happened.

For the everything else on the shelf...no, you cant look at past BOH for these, iirc. There is periodic cycle counting using a weigh scale but that is usually for stock & fulfillment. Even if you could look back, no one takes (to the tablet) BOH numbers for these drugs at face value

Reactions: 1 user
Don't most states require a perpetual inventory for C2s? I don't know a system that separates inventory monitoring differently for C2s so the answer should be yes for most pharmacies.

Reactions: 1 users