On HOLD at UPenn??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dogtor2012

ISU 2012
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey folks - I'm currently on HOLD at UPenn. I was wondering a few things....1) What does HOLD even mean?? 2) Do I have a good shot of getting in? 3) When can I expect to hear?

I'm just looking for some advice and words of wisdom... my fingernails can't take it anymore!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey folks - I'm currently on HOLD at UPenn. I was wondering a few things....1) What does HOLD even mean?? 2) Do I have a good shot of getting in? 3) When can I expect to hear?

I'm just looking for some advice and words of wisdom... my fingernails can't take it anymore!

Thanks!

How did you find out you were "on hold"? Did you call? Did they e-mail? Just curious. I have no clue what that means!

At least it sounds better than an outright rejection after waiting for an interview for four months.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was told in an e-mail. They told me that my application would be again up for review at future adcom meetings....

It means they couldn't decide on you the week that they interviewed you so they table your application and talk about you again the next time they do interviews (the following week or later).

hey there, i was put on hold last year and got in off the waitlist! so it is possible, you just gotta hang in there a little longer. pm me if you have any questions! good luck!

hey there, i was put on hold last year and got in off the waitlist! so it is possible, you just gotta hang in there a little longer. pm me if you have any questions! good luck!

just to clarify, there is a difference between 'hold' and 'waitlist.' as deanna said, the adcom just couldnt decided that evening; once interviews are completed, they'll go through all the applicants that are 'on hold' to make a final decision. that decision can either be to accept, or put on the waitlist for admission after those they accepted declined the offer.

I got the email telling me I was on hold after my interview 2/29...does this mean theres a good chance I'm not going to find out until the very end?

I also am on hold. It is nerve racking checking your email and phone about 3 times a day for any new news. Good Luck to you!

If you're on hold, the committee won't discuss your application again and make a decision until after the next round of interviews, and since we are on spring break, it wont be until next Friday at the earliest so you could probably relax for a little bit (I know its hard!)