"On Hold", "Deferred for interview"...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

es19

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have three...UCI, UCSD, UPenn, all post secondary
so these are basically rejections right? :confused:
i mean, if ppl get put "on hold" after interviews, they will be considered before ppl who are on hold post-secondary.
if these are same as rejections, i really prefer they reject me now. waiting to hear from the schools is just as hard for me as writing those secondaries, if not harder!
can someone who applied last year give me a reality check?
just curious if anyone was accepted after being on-hold ...

Members don't see this ad.

What about the GWU pre-interview hold status?

Members don't see this ad :)
chaeymaey said:
What about the GWU pre-interview hold status?

How did GWU notify you of your hold status? Do they have a status check website?

es19 said:
i have three...UCI, UCSD, UPenn, all post secondary
so these are basically rejections right? :confused:
i mean, if ppl get put "on hold" after interviews, they will be considered before ppl who are on hold post-secondary.
if these are same as rejections, i really prefer they reject me now. waiting to hear from the schools is just as hard for me as writing those secondaries, if not harder!
can someone who applied last year give me a reality check?
just curious if anyone was accepted after being on-hold ...
I feel ya on this one... in the same boats as you (UCSD and UPenn). I hope they give us a second, more favorable look...

gwu sends you a very nice, apologetic email telling you that you are on hold as of right now but you'll undergo more reviews in the future and will be told immediately when you receive and interview....so yah..i derno