On Hold

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kentucky

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to see if there is anyone out there in my situation. I had two interviews, one in Sept. and one in Nov. Since then both schools I applied to have contacted me and explained that I am on hold. They are both nice to stay in touch but I have no idea why they are waiting so long. They said it may be sometime in Feb. before I hear a definite answer. Is anyone else having the same problem? Also, does anyone have any idea how many openings are left at most schools around Jan. and Feb.?

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for replying StarGirl. I applied to my two state schools, Louisville and Kentucky. I interviewed first with Louisville and it was so relaxed and possitive. One of my interviewers even said that they would probably be seeing me next fall. It really got my hopes up. Now I have the feeling that they are just hanging on to me in case something better doesn't come along.

Hi KY,

I am from Louisville and was accepted to both UofL and UK for next Fall, but have decided to attend PENN instead. I sent in the declination letters this week, so that'll open up at least one more in-state spot at both schools for you!

When I went on my interviews to UofL and UK, they both said they typically fill up half of their in-state spots and all of their out-of-state spots by Dec. 1st, so I think there is still a good chance for you.

Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey eschou01,
I sent you a private message and an email. Did you get them?

Thank you eschou01!!!
You have made my day, I'm just so tired of the waiting. Can I be curious and ask why you didn't choose one of our in-state schools?
Good luck at PENN!

Roxy, I sent you a reply...let me know if you have any more questions!

KY, I just felt like PENN had more to offer me. It seems like a place that can open up a lot of doors for me and also has a great reputaion for placing graduates in post-graduate programs. Also, I don't really like living in KY that much and I can deal with paying a higher price for dental education (although it is sometimes scary to think about the debt I will accumulate over four years!)

Best of luck to both of you! UofL and UK are both great schools.

hey KY,

I also just sent in my decline letter to Louisville over the weekend, so there's another spot! I'm not a resident and sort of applied on a whim, but was impressed with the program...just not for me. good luck :cool: