on-line science courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

proratalg

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to refresh myself on certain science courses, mainly microbiology, anatomy and physiology and wanted to see if anyone knew of a good on-line course, either through a community college, a 4-year college or a reputable on-line college. These courses do not need to be used for my transcripts as I am already accepted but would like to refresh myself and prepare for school this fall. I need something somewhat structured, I'm not good at just looking over my old coursework. Thanks for any serious reply!

Members don't see this ad.

MSJC and palomar in Cali do online (and their transcripts don't even report the classes were online, so D-Schools can't tell the difference between online and real classrooms. It's pretty cool)

I'm also wondering if anyone knows of any 4-year universities that offer anatomy, physiology, histology, or microbiology exclusively online? I'm not looking for the labs.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm also wondering if anyone knows of any 4-year universities that offer anatomy, physiology, histology, or microbiology exclusively online? I'm not looking for the labs.
byu has anatomy online. not sure about the other courses.
elearn.byu.edu

byu has anatomy online. not sure about the other courses.
elearn.byu.edu

airsimon, great, thank you! I see they are offering microbiology. I don't see anatomy right now, but maybe that is in the Fall. I'm going to work full-time next year (if I don't get off the waitlists) so taking traditional classes is not an option. Still, I would like to keep sharp and also improve my application.

airsimon, great, thank you! I see they are offering microbiology. I don't see anatomy right now, but maybe that is in the Fall. I'm going to work full-time next year (if I don't get off the waitlists) so taking traditional classes is not an option. Still, I would like to keep sharp and also improve my application.
That's weird, they had anatomy last summer. Maybe they think the cadaver part of the class is too important now.

hi, can someone explain proctored exams? How do we go about having someone proctor us for the examinations? Can anyone count or does it have to be a teacher?