On the Road Again

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Oh2051

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am interested in taking a few postbacc premed courses before deciding if I will apply to a formal program. I would like to do this as cheaply as possible AND outside of my home state (which may be asking for the impossible).

I am aware that the University of Maryland has an open access, part-time evening program and offers in-state tuition for these classes. I believe Northwestern's School of Continuing Studies and the UC Berkeley Extension have similar offerings. And the Harvard Extension.

The downside of these three schools is that they are all located in expensive urban areas. All would be great places to live, but not for someone paying for classes and working (or volunteering) in a low (or no) paying position in a health care setting such as a hospital or pharmacy. (It pains me to consider the possibility of having to go back to having roommates . . .:eek:)

So, I'm looking for a moderately priced city with plenty of employment or volunteer opportunities (I currently have no experience in a health care setting), a moderate cost of living, AND access to moderately priced premed courses (i.e. chemistry, physics, and calculus, to start).

So far, the results are:

Maryland
Northwestern
UC Berkeley Extension
Harvard Extension

Any other suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

UCLA extension while living in culver city.
CSULA while living in the ghettos of LA.