Once accepted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cwaranch

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Once accepted at a DO school how long do you have to indicate whether or not you will attend there? Does it differ at MD schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Once accepted at a DO school how long do you have to indicate whether or not you will attend there? Does it differ at MD schools?

They usually give you a deadline in the letter to put down a deposit. You can put down multiple deposits, but you're probably not going to get your money back.

If its early in the cycle, you get a few weeks. Later on as it gets closer towards the end, you only have a few days.

Assuming you have placed your deposits, you can hold multiple seats for as long you desire. There is no deadline like MD schools with holding multiple acceptances.

.... this thread is likely to turn into a debate about holding multiple seats.

Members don't see this ad :)
For DO as long as you paid the deposit you keep the seat. For MD you need to give up your multiple acceptances by May 25th.

They usually give you a deadline in the letter to put down a deposit. You can put down multiple deposits, but you're probably not going to get your money back.

If its early in the cycle, you get a few weeks. Later on as it gets closer towards the end, you only have a few days.

It varies depending on the school.

NSU gave me until November or December even though I was accepted in September (I think...). Touro-CA only gave me two weeks to come up with $2000 :rolleyes:

Well the reason i was asking was that I already am complete at some DO schools but now im also applying md and havent even submitted my amcas yet. So if i got a DO acceptance I didnt know if i would have to go there and never even be able to hear one the md schools.

do you get your deposit back if you decline your seat?