once you discover your weaknesses...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

28_Days_Later

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you do?

Do you search the topical, section, and full lengths to do problems pertaining to those weaknesses?

Has anyone tried Q-bank? Is that a search engine that allows you to pull up any concept you specify? I imagine it might be useful if I could use that to pull up and do problems that I'm weak at.

Members don't see this ad.

I went over the content in the area I was weak in first. I reread the chapters I was not as comfortable in and then did practice problems relating to them.

topical tests are kinda a waste. sometimes too hard and boring. i'd do Q bank tho especially the discretes

EBI831 said:
topical tests are kinda a waste. sometimes too hard and boring. i'd do Q bank tho especially the discretes

Yea, so where can you get discretes and Q bank?

Members don't see this ad :)
I went over the content in the area I was weak in first. I reread the chapters I was not as comfortable in and then did practice problems relating to them.

:thumbup:

Yeah, getting my @$$ kicked on topicals is really demoralizing. Taking the april test, I noticed the questions for the physical sciences were more like Kaplan's discreets in the sense that they were way more basic and didn't require much understanding of the passage to do.

But then again, I still learn very useful information - which aren't covered in Kaplan's review notes - from reading Kaplan's topical test explanations. Reading that helped me a lot on some AAMC practice PS problems.

Yea, so where can you get discretes and Q bank?

I believe it comes with Kaplan's course - Q bank is a recent addition.