once you're accepted...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dizzle23x

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what are you going to splurge on to treat yourself? i really wanna get a hdtv! we're going to be doctors, might as well start living like one

Members don't see this ad.

HAHA! That is exactly what I promised myself that I would get if i got accepted! Now figuring out how to pay for it is a different story!

Got myself an xbox 360. Now I need a HDTV flat screen to go with it. Good times right?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a PSP, though I should have had it before the interviews so I could have used it on the plane. Man would that have been usefull on some of those 4 hour lay overs.

I got pretty drunk on the nights I got into UCSF and UCLA. Other than that, I think I'm treating myself to straight B's this semester. :cool:

Once I got into UW My wife and I shared a bottle of Veuve Clicquot 1996 La Grande Dame. It was great!

PS3, Nice Elliptical Machine, and a trip to Cozumel for 5 nights.

Good call! Cozumel sounds really good right now!

what are you going to splurge on to treat yourself? i really wanna get a hdtv! we're going to be doctors, might as well start living like one

Buying it to celebrate your acceptance is one thing, and highly recommended. However, don't forget:

If you live like a dentist while you're a student, you'll be living like a student once you're a dentist!! :cool:

LR Baggs Element Active and Bone Saddle for my Guitar.

You just got accepted, what are you going to do next?

I'M GOING TO DISNEYLAND!

seriously, I am:)

Buying it to celebrate your acceptance is one thing, and highly recommended. However, don't forget:

If you live like a dentist while you're a student, you'll be living like a student once you're a dentist!! :cool:

:laugh: That's probably why you went to Buffalo.

:laugh: That's probably why you went to Buffalo.

absolutely!! Let's see....I can pay $2000/month for 30 years or........not!! :idea:

:D Actually, I ended up very happy here....the admin's super supportive and they've worked out the 4 years really well. I don't think I could be miserable for 4 years just to save 100K (though it's tempting), so I found a public school I'd be happy at. :thumbup:

And that's the actual loan repayment for 330K.....eeesh.

I dropped a huge roll on True Religion and Rock and Republic jeans, and two pairs of Kenneth Cole shoes. I'd rather have gotten a 360.....

touché salesman

had some drinks, ate good food, ice cream... and although i'd rather not get B's this quarter and next, if they happen, they happen, ya know? :cool: yay for lower standards hehe.

in the mean time, i'm gonna just enjoy the time with friends... and do tons of other fun stuff :).