dizzle23x

10+ Year Member
Sep 12, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
what are you going to splurge on to treat yourself? i really wanna get a hdtv! we're going to be doctors, might as well start living like one

drpduck

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2001
Baltimore
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
HAHA! That is exactly what I promised myself that I would get if i got accepted! Now figuring out how to pay for it is a different story!

utahdent123

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2005
Status (Visible)
Got myself an xbox 360. Now I need a HDTV flat screen to go with it. Good times right?

About the Ads

PChemGrad

I am a banana.
10+ Year Member
Jun 30, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I got a PSP, though I should have had it before the interviews so I could have used it on the plane. Man would that have been usefull on some of those 4 hour lay overs.

in her drawer

Ain't no glory in a war
10+ Year Member
Sep 11, 2006
The City, CA
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I got pretty drunk on the nights I got into UCSF and UCLA. Other than that, I think I'm treating myself to straight B's this semester. :cool:

taqmantim

10+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental

Once I got into UW My wife and I shared a bottle of Veuve Clicquot 1996 La Grande Dame. It was great!

I'mFillingFine

Pulptastic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2005
Shuffled off....
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
what are you going to splurge on to treat yourself? i really wanna get a hdtv! we're going to be doctors, might as well start living like one

Buying it to celebrate your acceptance is one thing, and highly recommended. However, don't forget:

If you live like a dentist while you're a student, you'll be living like a student once you're a dentist!! :cool:

DocPainless

10+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2007
Status (Visible)
Buying it to celebrate your acceptance is one thing, and highly recommended. However, don't forget:

If you live like a dentist while you're a student, you'll be living like a student once you're a dentist!! :cool:

:laugh: That's probably why you went to Buffalo.

I'mFillingFine

Pulptastic
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2005
Shuffled off....
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
:laugh: That's probably why you went to Buffalo.

absolutely!! Let's see....I can pay $2000/month for 30 years or........not!! :idea:

:D Actually, I ended up very happy here....the admin's super supportive and they've worked out the 4 years really well. I don't think I could be miserable for 4 years just to save 100K (though it's tempting), so I found a public school I'd be happy at. :thumbup:

And that's the actual loan repayment for 330K.....eeesh.

purduephigam

SuPurdueper Member
10+ Year Member
Aug 19, 2006
Suburbia
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
I dropped a huge roll on True Religion and Rock and Republic jeans, and two pairs of Kenneth Cole shoes. I'd rather have gotten a 360.....

dizzle23x

10+ Year Member
Sep 12, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist

touché salesman

t2thDr14

10+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
had some drinks, ate good food, ice cream... and although i'd rather not get B's this quarter and next, if they happen, they happen, ya know? :cool: yay for lower standards hehe.

in the mean time, i'm gonna just enjoy the time with friends... and do tons of other fun stuff :).

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.