Once you're in...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mes_dents

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, may seem like a stupid question..but I recently got into a good dental school...but I'm still freaking out about my marks here in undergrad...not doing as well as before...(naturally).
When I went to the interview, I talked to a guy who said that his room-mate had gotten kicked out the first week of dental school cuz he hadn't sent his final transcript..Is that possible??? And in the acceptance letter, they say that you have to maintain a 'satisfactory average'. What exactly does this mean???? Should I still be freaking out?!!??

Members don't see this ad.

same here. I'm kinda worried about my grades gradually falling my senior year. Anyone know any info on this situation?

Dude you're going to NYU.....dont you just need to breathe to get in there?? JOkes jokes........

I see your from Ontario.....dont worry about undergrad marks.....I'd say C+ and your cool.....if you cant get a C+ then you might be in trouble....

Members don't see this ad :)
You should try to contact the admission director of your school about the minimum grade for the last semester. In order to consider your application complete and closed (after acceptance), you will need to send in your a final transcript in June at the latest so that the school and check to see if you have satisfied the minimum grade in the last semester. So I suggest that you really should contact them ASAP so that you can prepare to raise your GPA mark on exams if need be.

I'd say anything below a C average will put your status in jeopardy.

I know for a fact that this is the case with Tufts, you might want to call NYU and ask them yourself.

Hey dream, did u hear anything from Western?? Their out of province interview invites went out on Friday......

There's on post from about 2 years ago from a kid who allowed his/her total GPA to fall by 0.2 points and this person's acceptance was rescinded. I'm guessing that you have to be around a 2.0 or lower to tank a total GPA by 0.2 points. My advice would be to take it seriously.

Another anecdote:

I was taking my final physics class with with this guy who told me he was accepted at NYU last summer and he was all excited about going there. He said he just needed to finish his final physics class with a minimum passing grade and he didn't take it very seriously. I don't know how he did or anything, but when I talked to his buddy in the fall I asked him how he likes NYU and his buddy told me that he decided to take the year off. I wonder what happened, maybe he slacked off a little too much and lost his acceptance or maybe he took the $40,000 to defer.

Well, I don't know about other schools, but I think for the most part, it's usually the average as a whole that matters. I think as long as your GPA does not fall too drastically, (like from a 3.0 to a 2.0), it should be ok I think.

My grades did go down a bit and I did start getting C's my last year, but Temple still didn't seem to mind :)

But, like it was posted before, you might want to check with your school.

Gupta,

Im waiting to here form Western out here too. I know they said they would send out invites in late march...so they should be getting here soon. Lemme know if u hear anything.

Sharma

Western already sent out their interviews by email, so if you are out of province, you should have gotten the email last Friday.....if you havent...sorry bud, but you're probably out of luck. Try giving them a call though.

As expected, I havent heard anything from Western.

you can check the canadian dental school board for more info about western.

yeah no luck at western here either. aaaah who cares. haha. look at all us canadians boycotting canadian schools. atleast i am. and u better beleive its cause i didnt get in

USA USA USA USA!!!

except im not down with bush...he gotta go

Originally posted by avingupta
Please excuse me while I barf all over myself

well, you are giving your canadian dollars to the already fat coffers of our southern neighbors!

anyway, a few of the people in our class (myself included) aren't too thrilled about the donation announcement today. A guy is
donating $26 mil to the medical school in the form of scholarships
and us dents are not seeing a cent of it. And they had the nerve
to invite us to go to that announcement :)

i know for a fact that Columbia doesn't care as long as you PASS all your courses and get a degree. That is what the Dean of Admissions told me.

i got a letter from IUSD saying that i am in as long as i perform at the same level in anatomy (currently in progress) as i have previously reported on my AADSAS app.

i have no idea what that means. same level as my AADSAS? are they talking about my GPA? my AADSAS gpa was 3.08 so is that mean i have to have a "B" or better?

i'll email them one of these days so make sure. thank god i did ok on my midterm.