One bad community college grade

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

distressstudent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took only an anatomy course over the summer at a community college and received a B. Now I normally wouldn't stress out over a B, but this has been haunting me for months so I would feel a lot better if I just asked for SDN's opinion. I attend a large research university and the biology program is taught by pretty renown professors. And I did really well in all my biology courses (never got a B+ or lower in my biology courses). However, the anatomy course I took at the community college did not really permit an A because of how it was formatted, and I received a B even though I probably got one of the highest grades in the class (if asked by my interviewer, I am obviously not going to blame the professor for my poor grade). So my concern is that because of the notion that CC classes are usually easy, will the high grades I received at my university be evaluated skeptically?

What are your opinions? Am I mistaken in that adcom assumes that CC classes are easy ?I mean why else would they discourage people from taking them? I personally think it obviously depends on the CC and even the course, but the notion that CC courses MUST be easy seems prevalent.

Members don't see this ad.

I took only an anatomy course over the summer at a community college and received a B. Now I normally wouldn't stress out over a B, but this has been haunting me for months so I would feel a lot better if I just asked for SDN's opinion. I attend a large research university and the biology program is taught by pretty renown professors. And I did really well in all my biology courses (never got a B+ or lower in my biology courses). However, the anatomy course I took at the community college did not really permit an A because of how it was formatted, and I received a B even though I probably got one of the highest grades in the class (if asked by my interviewer, I am obviously not going to blame the professor for my poor grade). So my concern is that because of the notion that CC classes are usually easy, will the high grades I received at my university be evaluated skeptically?

What are your opinions? Am I mistaken in that adcom assumes that CC classes are easy ?I mean why else would they discourage people from taking them? I personally think it obviously depends on the CC and even the course, but the notion that CC courses MUST be easy seems prevalent.

You're never gonna get into Dental school man. I would honestly just try DO or Podiatry. Janitor school as a backup for sure. Dude lol relax it's gonna be fine. I initially thought you were gonna say like a D or F. Just B easy about it. Cheers.

Haha thanks. And that was a nice pun. But my SN isn't distressstudent for nothing; I just get too hysterical at times. o_O

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
hahaha yeah. you are definitely right. I should probably start stepping away now, but I am like that one guy who said he was addicted to SDN. I need my SDN fix.