One grade for lecture and lab

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DDS.230

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just like the title of this thread, my Microbiology, Anatomy, and Physiology classes all had labs, but gave one grade for lecture and lab.

I was wondering if this would be a problem when reporting grades on my application. How do I include that the grade was both lecture and lab? Should I write the title of the course and say it was also lab?

For example, Microbiology was Biology 210, and the lab was Biology 210L. But they only gave me one combined grade for both of these. Do I write Biology 210 with the grade? or Biology 210/210L with the grade?? These classes were 5 units, with the semester system.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Get a copy of your official transcript and list them however they are listed on it.

Why does it matter? as long as you took 2 labs with your 2 gen bios who cares.

Members don't see this ad :)
You write your course titles, grades, credits exactly as they appear on your transcript.

To answer your question Dgeorg6, the general biology at UCI does not come with labs. I do not know why, but there are no labs offered.

On the application you write your class's exactly how they appear in your transcript. I had several classes like that. On my transcript, the lab was listed with an "L" for a grade showing it was included in the class grade. If that is the case for you, you put the lecture grade with all of the credits the. The lab with zero credits and put NG for no grade. That is very common and if you mess it up, as I did when I sent it in, the AADSAS people fix it.