sexychic

7+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
So I had an interview today

He asked : " do u know any dental student?" I said :" no." he asked :" since you don't know any dental student, how do u know what does it feel like to be a in dental school and how will u be prepared to be a successful dentist?!"

I was like speechless

Really? I have to know a dental student to be successful in dental school????!!!! U just made my day

Last edited:

yappy

10+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2008
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
What was your response? Maybe the real meaning of his question was lost in translation? I cannot really make out what you're suggesting he said to you.

I hope you were able to explain that your undergrad education and good performance in the prereqs has prepaired you well for dental school. Basically - respond as if he asked you "how have you prepaired yourself for dental school?"

OP
S

sexychic

7+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
What was your response? Maybe the real meaning of his question was lost in translation? I cannot really make out what you're suggesting he said to you.

I hope you were able to explain that your undergrad education and good performance in the prereqs has prepaired you well for dental school. Basically - respond as if he asked you "how have you prepaired yourself for dental school?"
I did answer what you suggested. However, the logic of the interviewer was absurd, I was not happy and said no to the school at the moment to myself.

aelian

7+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
So I had an interview today

He asked : " do u know any dental students?" I said :" no." he asked :" so you don't know any dental students how then u know it will be line in dental school and how u will be prepared to be a successful dentist?!"

I was like speechless

Really? I have to know a dental student to be successful in dental school????!!!! U just made my day
I dunno, sounds like a legit question, or from what I'm understanding it as. As in, have you spoken with dental students (in general) to get their perspective on the school or what their daily life is like?

AF11

10+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
I did answer what you suggested. However, the logic of the interviewer was absurd, I was not happy and said no to the school at the moment to myself.
At the risk of being perceived as incredibly arrogant, I wrote off two schools this cycle because of some incredibly inane questions that came my way.

Aug 25, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
Dude, I cannot understand what this says: "...how then u know it will be line in dental school..." What does that mean?

The Chosen One

5+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
"...how then u know it will be line in dental school..."

"I must break you!" -Drago, Rocky XV, I mean IV :laugh:

Sep 14, 2010
Status
Dental Student
Dude, I cannot understand what this says: "...how then u know it will be line in dental school..." What does that mean?
I will venture a guess that what the OP meant to say was, "...how then will you know what it will be like in dental school..." line = like. Simple typo and poor grammar.

OP
S

sexychic

7+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
I will venture a guess that what the OP meant to say was, "...how then will you know what it will be like in dental school..." line = like. Simple typo and poor grammar.
You are correct, I post it during my flight with anger. Anyways, the interview was not very pleasant.

To be honest, my goal is to be a dentist, not to consider my feelings to certain school, going to dental school it's just a process, however, during my interview, the committee emphasized on the importance of THEIR school instead of dental school in general, it is as I would say arrogant and unprofessional.

It's just my personal opinion :sleep:

Maygyver

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 14, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
Uh...why didn't you say answer that you know what it will be like from talking to dental students on tours and other dental professionals you have met along the way. It really doesn't seem like that big of a stumper.

OP
S

sexychic

7+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
Uh...why didn't you say answer that you know what it will be like from talking to dental students on tours and other dental professionals you have met along the way. It really doesn't seem like that big of a stumper.
I did answer that too. It's not that I am not satisfied with response in interview, I am just not happy with the way they interview. Well, I would not go now anyway. :)

OP
S

sexychic

7+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
thats a gator for you
haha i guess, well I really liked the area, although a little ghetto but have many nice restaurants and pretty easy going. :p I hope u enjoy your days there!