One Month Crunch, Should I Cancel?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

immuno90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am just looking for a little advice. My MCAT is in a month and I just completed my 3rd TPR practice exam. I got 10ps/9bs/7v. I have been through all the material (some almost twice) and I don't know how good these tests are for actually predicting MCAT scores. I work full time, so I'm limited to evenings/weekends. On the AAMC verbal, I have been getting 9-10's, so is TPR just significantly harder or is the AAMC practice too easy?

I plan on applying this cycle and there's no later date I can write. Is a 26 low enough that I should not write it and just wait for next year? Where I'm applying too, they'll look your score for each time you've written the test. I'm unsure what is the best use of the time I have left. I'm weak in organic, so that is going to be a prioriety for the next little while.

Is a month realistically enough to maybe bring things up a bit? Has anyone been in somewhat of the same situation and found something that worked to improve scores?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have any strategy that worked good for the last month?

Should I be trying to conquer all the passages in the TPR hyperlearning book or should I be taking full length tests?

Also, don't know if anyone can help, but I'm in Canada. For applying to in province schools, does the 30 rule still apply? Or is it a little softer? My GPA is 3.8, I have pretty good EC's/letters.

Thanks for any input.

To begin, I would start taking the AAMC full length tests instead of the TPR ones. These will give you a better indication of where you stand (especially 9-11).

Second, I would analyze why you missed the questions that you missed..are they because you did not have the content background? because you misinterpreted the question? because you ran out of time?

Personally, I am a second time test taker scheduled for the August 17th exam and plan on doing as many practice tests/passages as possible for the next monthl. I figure if there is content that I need to review, the tests/passages will reveal it.

I say go for it and study your ass off for the next month! Ain't nothin' to it but to do it!