One month until my DAT... Tips, advice, recommendations please!

Jun 6, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Hi everyone! I'm one month away from my DAT and while I've been feeling alright about my studying up until this point, I could really use some advice from seasoned veterans on how best to use this last month; I'm starting to get really nervous and feel like I have no guidance!

Here's what I've done:
- ADA practice test as a benchmark of where I was at right at the beginning of my studying (scored around a 16/17)
- Kaplan book: Read through, highlighted, took notes, made flashcards
- Cliff's AP Bio: Same as above
- DAT Achiever Test: Scored a 16 on the first, 15 on the second
- Chad's videos (took notes, made flashcards) and quizzes
- DAT Bootcamp: Ferrali's notes, PAT generators, strategy for every section, formula sheets, question of the day

Lately I've been taking two practice section tests from DAT Bootcamp a day and alternating reviewing my flashcards and notes. I seem to be on a generally upwards trend with those, but feel like that trend isn't rising quickly enough.
Here are my scores for the four Bootcamp section practices I've taken from earliest to most recent:
- Bio: 17, 16, 17, 18
- GC: 17, 17, 22, 18
- OC: 17, 19, 19, 21
- PAT: 21, 20, 20, 20
- QR: 17, 15, 19, 17
- RC: 20, 20, 22, 24

I'm almost finished with the DAT Bootcamp practice section tests, but haven't done any of their full length tests and still have one DAT Achiever test I haven't done. I just feel like I'm stuck in a rut and I need advice on what materials and methods to use to get past it and start consistently scoring in the 20s (I'd be happy with a score around 22). Please and thank you!

Aug 9, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
I would really recommend buying DAT Destroyer and Math Destroyer. Math Destroyer for sure to get those QR scores up! I would try to get through both of the books at least once; Ari's study schedule breaks them up into manageable chunks.

Don Kim

5+ Year Member
May 11, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
Get Qvault Bio, I recently got it and found it slightly harder than bootcamp bio. (took 6 so far and got 23, 22, 25, 22, 22, 21, but in Bootcamp I averaged around 24~25) Destroyer is a must. And just keep doing generators for PAT.

Reactions: Lainez
OP
M
Jun 6, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Great, thanks guys! So DAT and Math Destroyer are the ones I buy on Orgoman...? The $200 (eek!) combo of the DAT Destroyer and the Math Destroyer?
Also, was there anything on the test that took you off guard and wish you would have studied for more? Is it reasonable to hope for a score at or above 22 with the scores I'm currently getting?

Don Kim

5+ Year Member
May 11, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
Great, thanks guys! So DAT and Math Destroyer are the ones I buy on Orgoman...? The $200 (eek!) combo of the DAT Destroyer and the Math Destroyer?
Also, was there anything on the test that took you off guard and wish you would have studied for more? Is it reasonable to hope for a score at or above 22 with the scores I'm currently getting?
It's reasonable, but I wouldn't bet on it. I think its safer to estimate slightly lower or same as your score. Like if you are averaging like 23, then yeah its definitely reasonable to estimate 22. But if you are averaging like 20 or 21, and hope for a 22 (tho it happens sometimes since usually study materials are harder), I would still shoot for a consistent 23 in practice if I want 22 for sure. This way there is a good chance I get 23+, and almost 100% chance I'll get 22.

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
It's reasonable, but I wouldn't bet on it. I think its safer to estimate slightly lower or same as your score. Like if you are averaging like 23, then yeah its definitely reasonable to estimate 22. But if you are averaging like 20 or 21, and hope for a 22 (tho it happens sometimes since usually study materials are harder), I would still shoot for a consistent 23 in practice if I want 22 for sure. This way there is a good chance I get 23+, and almost 100% chance I'll get 22.
I agree, no timed test can predict with guaranteed accuracy your actual test score. Don't get to wrapped up in timed test to the point it causes stress or even a false since of security. Focus more on learning and less on time.

Just my 2 cents.

Nancy