One more LOR question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Short of calling every program I'm interested in, how do I find out if they want LORs from specific individuals? I've looked at websites and find minimal information other than submitting the ERAS application. Am I to assume that my 3-4 LORs from various attendings are sufficient?

Members don't see this ad.

In my opinion, if they don't specify on their website or FREIDA that they want specific LORs, then you can just use letters from any attending. At least one should be in your field of interest of course. I didn't see any special requirements for any of the programs I'm applying to, most just said three letters were required.

stormjen said:
In my opinion, if they don't specify on their website or FREIDA that they want specific LORs, then you can just use letters from any attending. At least one should be in your field of interest of course. I didn't see any special requirements for any of the programs I'm applying to, most just said three letters were required.

That's my plan. I'm just gonna send all 10 of my LORs to all the programs I'm applying to.

Just kidding. I got like 3-4 now. And i'm probably gonna send all of them to all the programs i'm applying to. I doubt path programs will reject you just because you sent them an extra letter.