One or Two courses???

Started by Chrissy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Chrissy

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi fellow post-baccs,

I have a bit of a problem that I thought I'd try to get some opinions on. I am finishing up my post-bacc work this semester and from the beginning (1.5 years ago) I planned to take 1 course this semester so I could knock out the MCAT (I also work). It was just suggested to me to add 1, maybe even 2 courses to this load to prove I can handle the rigor of med school. While I cannot argue with this logic, I have averaged 2 courses per semester throughout my post-bacc and have done pretty well (3.7 ish)....I now worry that a) it's too late to "prove" I can handle rigor in just one semester and b) if I do add a course it would seriously detract from my ability to score high on the MCAT (remember i planned this out a while ago and it never seemed to be a problem for my advisors etc....but i worry now that they've changed their tune).....any thoughts? at this point classes have started so it's proved near impossible to even find an open class....should i worry about this or just take my chances and move on and focus on the MCAT? thanks!!!
 
I would sacrifice 1 class for a better MCAT score. Someone MAY complain about you only taking one class, but if you have a bad MCAT score then you'll get a lot more complaints.