One question about Physics...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr IWannaBe

Class of 2012
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I start physics this Monday and i just have one question. Is it difficult? I got an A or A- (one or the other) in Pre-Cal way, way back in '94 or '95. But I don't think I remember that stuff. Please let me know!

33 year old hopeful at Medical College of Georgia School of Dentistry.

Members don't see this ad.

Dr IWannaBe said:
Hey guys,

I start physics this Monday and i just have one question. Is it difficult? I got an A or A- (one or the other) in Pre-Cal way, way back in '94 or '95. But I don't think I remember that stuff. Please let me know!

33 year old hopeful at Medical College of Georgia School of Dentistry.
Are you taking Calc-based? Either way, the concepts for the first semester shouldn't be bad. I took physics last year after not seeing it since high school (8 years later!). I had a ton of anxiety about it since I got C's back in the day, but hammered out two A's this go-around. It just takes a lot of practice problems to feel comfortable.

I took the non-calc based physics and it was not too bad. You talk about Forces, work, frictions. I had a great teacher who did a lot of inclass experiments that helped understand and apply the equations.

If you are shaky with calculus, take the other physics since dental schools don't care. Getting a good grade is the most important part.

Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea think about physics is almost like every other subject, once you get a new material or topic, master it and do problems. Practice makes perfect since basically its like how you prepare for math, you just do problems.

You guys are the greatest! Now I can get off this computer and stop worrying about class tomorrow.

DDS in 2012!!!! :clap: