One reason there is no hazard pay....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

farm4real

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
edjo56z94pq41.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

I will never understand this level of greed.

Someone posts his address so I can send him a bag of poop.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Its corporate America, not just him and not just CVS. It's very American, it's just the culture we live in.

Reactions: 1 user
This is one of a few reasons I am stepping out of the game, slowly though.

I got away easy at CVS, but I know its rigged against us.

Cvs has over 200k employees. So you want to give everyone a couple hundred more instead?

Elon musk is already one of the richest people in the world.

I'd also like to thank all the public companies in the market for making me a crap load of money.

Merlo has done a terrible job. Just look at CVS stock. Unless they paid him in stocks with a required holding of 5 years, I don’t see why his compensation should be that high.

Reactions: 1 users
Merlo has done a terrible job. Just look at CVS stock. Unless they paid him in stocks with a required holding of 5 years, I don’t see why his compensation should be that high.

Lazy shareholders just checking the boxes on their proxy ::shrug:::

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

I think it is the board that decides his compensation

I was referring to board member elections (and executive pay provisions that usually have “board does not recommend” appended to it.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

And there are plenty of desperate new grads with $200k+ in loans willing to work for lower pay despite the exposure risk.

I will never understand this level of greed.

I believe I do. Money is power. With this much money merlo can live a life none of us ever imagine, never go to prison even if committed a crime, never want for anything. Also it allows him to create sustainable wealth for his heirs aka the Walton family.

He has to be driven to achieve this but also there is a pathological component because who takes all the money while sharing little with their employees.

Not surprising though because historically money and power have driven evils i.e slavery add religion and get federalism.

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe I do. Money is power. With this much money merlo can live a life none of us ever imagine, never go to prison even if committed a crime, never want for anything. Also it allows him to create sustainable wealth for his heirs aka the Walton family.

He has to be driven to achieve this but also there is a pathological component because who takes all the money while sharing little with their employees.

Not surprising though because historically money and power have driven evils i.e slavery add religion and get federalism.

Edit Feudalism

Don’t get me wrong Merlo makes a ton of money. But the Walton family wealth is in the hundreds of billions.

Simple math says hundreds of billions is A THOUSAND TIMES more than hundreds of millions.

What if his ratio of compensation to median income was 300 to 1? Think about the money that could go to the workers and he can still be wealthy. Wealth was built off the free labor of slaves in this country, which this country has never officially apologized for. You think they gonna give your ass hazard pay? You look to have a job

Cvs has over 200k employees. So you want to give everyone a couple hundred more instead?

Elon musk is already one of the richest people in the world.

I'd also like to thank all the public companies in the market for making me a crap load of money.
What's interesting is, how he is getting more money when his employees continue to have less hours and less help to work with....

That justifies treating people like $#it and killing the profession?

That's how America works, are you just finding out?

Take advantage of the opportunities you have or get "$#it" on (my apologies just using the same word)

That's how America works, are you just finding out?

Take advantage of the opportunities you have or get "$#it" on (my apologies just using the same word)
People have been greedy since the beginning of time. That's how capitalism was created. Does that mean I have to conform and obey? no. You do not have to take advantage of opportunities if those opportunities do not align with your moral standards. Otherwise, you're just a hooker whoring for money.

Yes, the wh0re known as CVS has gotten so big that it now controls so much of what we do as a profession. Which is why imma check out soon.

People have been greedy since the beginning of time. That's how capitalism was created. Does that mean I have to conform and obey? no. You do not have to take advantage of opportunities if those opportunities do not align with your moral standards. Otherwise, you're just a hooker whoring for money.

Yes, the wh0re known as CVS has gotten so big that it now controls so much of what we do as a profession. Which is why imma check out soon.

Do you invest in the stock market?

Then you too are a "hooker whoring for money" i guess.

Anyone who complains how much anyone makes has an inferiority complex that will never serve them well to move up in the world. What someone makes is what the market bears, bottom line. Your worth is all about supply and demand.

I don't understand why everyone complains about CEOs making 30+ mil but yet never touch the

Athletes making 30 mil a year. Why don't they take a pay cut and give the money to the arena employees
Movie stars making 20 mil for a movie. Why don't they take a cut and give it to the minimum working crews
Sings making 50 mil a year?

The list goes on and on.

I find these Hollywood people the most hypocritical. They preach pay inequities but yet the go back to their 10 mil mansion and happy to collect their million dollar checks.

AOC preaches all of her left wing banter. Watch in the not so distant future when she gets her multimillion dollar book deal and 200K speaking engagements.

I don't care what AOC and the like makes. If someone is willing to pay them alot of money, why not take it?

I am sure if someone gave OP a 10 Mil contract, the first thing he would do is tear it up and demand that he get paid like all other similar employees so that 10 mil gets distributed.

I respect people's opinions. I just can't respect when they are hypocritical

Anyone who complains how much anyone makes has an inferiority complex that will never serve them well to move up in the world. What someone makes is what the market bears, bottom line. Your worth is all about supply and demand.

I don't understand why everyone complains about CEOs making 30+ mil but yet never touch the

Athletes making 30 mil a year. Why don't they take a pay cut and give the money to the arena employees
Movie stars making 20 mil for a movie. Why don't they take a cut and give it to the minimum working crews

The list goes on and on.

I find these Hollywood people the most hypocritical. They preach pay inequities but yet the go back to their 10 mil mansion and happy to collect their million dollar checks.

AOC preaches all of her left wing banter. Watch in the not so distant future when she gets her multimillion dollar book deal and 200K speaking engagements.

I don't care what AOC and the like makes. If someone is willing to pay them alot of money, why not take it?

I am sure if someone gave OP a 10 Mil contract, the first thing he would do is tear it up and demand that he get paid like all other similar employees so that 10 mil gets distributed.

The job of a politician is to trick it's supporters into thinking they actually care about them.... Then make a boat load of money.

The list goes on and on.

People complain about athlete and movie star salaries all the time.

I don't see the same vitriol that CEOs get. CEOs get lambasted by congress all the time but you never see an Athlete/movie star get brought up to testify why they are making tens of millions when the concession people or movie hand makes minimum wage.

If someone is willing to pay someone alot of money, what is the big deal. Obviously they deserved it in one way or the other.

I don't see the same vitriol that CEOs get. CEOs get lambasted by congress all the time but you never see an Athlete/movie star get brought up to testify why they are making tens of millions when the concession people or movie hand makes minimum wage.

If someone is willing to pay someone alot of money, what is the big deal. Obviously they deserved it in one way or the other.

I think you need to take economics 101.

Star athletes and movie stars make big money because people want to pay to see them. Their success is directly correlated to their performance. If Steph Curry shot 10% from the field then ratings would drop and he wouldn't make anything. If fans aren't interested in watching then there would be no money pay them.

The list goes on and on.

You know what baffles me about the athletes. No one ever complains about how much the owner of the franchise is making. They are the real villains. Sports are a distraction to keep the mob from tearing down the people in charge. It's been like this since the days of the Roman Empire.

Reactions: 2 users
This MD thought being a CEO cutting costs to the bone at the expense of public, and its own employees while making 750x salary is justified. Dude tried to compare it to an artist/athlete who people want to pay high dollar amount willingly... It's a laughable comparison.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I think you need to take economics 101.

Star athletes and movie stars make big money because people want to pay to see them. Their success is directly correlated to their performance. If Steph Curry shot 10% from the field then ratings would drop and he wouldn't make anything. If fans aren't interested in watching then there would be no money pay them.
I know more about economics than you likely will ever sniff.
Your poor explanation is easily translated to the CEOs. If the CEOs making 50 mil did not have good past and current performance, then the shareholders/board would not pay them.

Don't kid yourself, it doesn't matter if you or a 99.9% of people think someone is not worth the money. It only takes one person to pay that price which sets the market.

This MD thought being a CEO cutting costs to the bone at the expense of public, and its own employees while making 750x salary is justified. Dude tried to compare it to an artist/athlete who people want to pay high dollar amount willingly... It's a laughable comparison.

Your grasps of supply and demand is what is laughable. People make what they are worth in one shape or form. You may not think this worth is justified, but unless you have some say it doesn't really matter. Sitting back and judging someone for making alot of money is one of the deadly sins and what puts you in the positions you are.

The question wasn’t “why do athletes make so much” it was “why are people outraged at CEOs and not athletes”. It’s a bit of an dishonest question since some people are outraged at both but if you take the question at face value the answer is simple. People like movies stars and athletes and enjoy watching their performances and they do not like CEOs who literally somehow get raises even as their companies declare bankruptcies and layoffs.

Saying an athlete can give his salary to a concession stand worker is nonsense. The concession stand worker does not work for the athlete. It’s a totally different relationship than CEO to employee.

Reactions: 4 users
Your grasps of supply and demand is what is laughable. People make what they are worth in one shape or form. You may not think this worth is justified, but unless you have some say it doesn't really matter. Sitting back and judging someone for making alot of money is one of the deadly sins and what puts you in the positions you are.
Sounds like you are that dude who will do everything, all for "shareholder value" so you can get 750x salary. Screw the public and your employees. The end justify the means. Good for you.

What size MAGA hat do you wear?

It's funny you criticize others as sinners when greed is one of the seven deadly sins. In addition, the Pope has spoken out against income inequality. Like the current right wing arguments, yours don't even have any depth, they just appeal to the like minded folks.

What's wrong with gross income inequality? People suffer. It would be one thing if Merlo made millions and his employees made living wages, but most employees get screwed. If you lack the humanity to understand that healthcare is the wrong profession for you.

Your poor explanation is easily translated to the CEOs. If the CEOs making 50 mil did not have good past and current performance, then the shareholders/board would not pay them.

Don't kid yourself, it doesn't matter if you or a 99.9% of people think someone is not worth the money. It only takes one person to pay that price which sets the market.

Your comparison doesn't even make sense. As owlegrad said, movie stars and athletes have fans which people gladly pay to see perform.

Let me explain to you why celebrities get paid so much without any outrage, Mr "I know more about economics than you will ever sniff".

Taylor Swift averages $9 million per concert because her fans pay $200+ per ticket. They pay to see Taylor, not the hot dog vendor. This is why Swifties are not mad that she doesn't redistribute her concert earnings to the hot dog vendors. Even the 12 year old Swifties would understand this concept!

Last edited:

How does it feel to be a neoliberal bootlicker for CEOs?

• Haha

The list goes on and on.

Like a pimp, or drug dealer right? Who cares who you hurt in the process ???

Yeah, my inferiority complex won’t let me put lives at risk due to metrics or low tech hours...

Sad, my pimp hand is weak and no one calls me “sweet daddy farm4real”

We deal with lives, athletes don't.
If tech hours get cut while metrics are being pushed, patient safety is at risk.
Arena employees/film crews won't hurt anybody in the same way, to say the least.