One reason to account for at least 10,000 bad applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread_Necromancy.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

thank bill and al for the way it is now.
I am amazed by the callous irresponsibility that belies spurrious remarks such as this one...who knew, another conservative miscreant has found a ingenious way to link democrats to a posited SDN problem - real or hypothetical!!!

I said it on another post...why do you want to politicize every little detail of our existence with pointless divisive talk...a lil responsible citizenship goes a long way. Plus there's tons out there like myself who are neither democrats nor republicans and we are tired of the polarization you spread that hijacks the agenda.:thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)
In 1996 about 47,000 people applied to medical school. Last year, about 34,000 applied. The correlation between the state of the economy and the number of medical school applicants has long been recognized. Despite the best efforts of those controlling the admissions process however, some of those extra 10,000+ applying when the economy was poor got into medical school.

With our economy facing a long term slow down, the number of applicants will begin to rise. Law school applications already shot up this year.

Once all these people who are pooping their pants now about not having a job get their pre-med requirements done, they will apply to medical school, and some will get in.

:rolleyes:

I apologize if I'm misunderstanding something here. According to the numbers you provided above, 13,000 FEWER people applied to med school in 2009 than in 1996. Did you get the dates reversed?

Bill and Al?

If I can recall, the economy was just fine when the Democrats were running things. Thank Dubya and the Republicans for the crisis we are in now.

You OC people and your Republicanism... :)

post date: 12-07-2002

i think we've caught a time traveler

I apologize if I'm misunderstanding something here. According to the numbers you provided above, 13,000 FEWER people applied to med school in 2009 than in 1996. Did you get the dates reversed?

Actually, that would be 13,000 fewer people applied in 2001 than in 1996. Check the timestamps :)

Actually, that would be 13,000 fewer people applied in 2001 than in 1996. Check the timestamps :)

Now I'm realy confused. Where does 2001 come into it?

This thread is 8 years old, so that was recent. I think it's safe to say that this thread's usefulness wore out quite awhile ago, so I'm closing it. Remember, read the last post date before posting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.