one reason to apply under EDP.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emno

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I dont see any benefits applying under EDP.

do you have any reasons for EDP?
What kind of stat one is recommended to apply under EDP?

thank you,

Members don't see this ad.

dream school? you probably have a somewhat better chance there as well, the adcom will know that you are really serious about their school and not just using them as a safety school? just my thoughts

Yeah, if the school you want to get into is notorious for not giving out interviews/invites until late in the year I don't really see a reason. Funny thing is those that most that are notorious for being late interviewers/invites don't participate in EDP.

Usually stats that are required for EDP are higher than their average matriculant's.

Members don't see this ad :)
My md school has 9 campuses. By applying Early I got my pick of campus instead of just ranking the campuses and being randomly placed like everbody else. I know some DO schools have multiple campuses, so does this apply anywhere else? By the way, only one campus would have worked for me at my school. If I didn't get in EDP and didn't know what campus I was goig to be placed at I would have probably rescinded my application.

in my case, if my dream school had EDP i would be all over it. But i am a nontrad, grew up in the city of my dream school and am only applying to this school (want to stay for my family). most people don't apply to only one school, so EDP definitely doesn't make sense.