One week to study QR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Thorium

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, quick question:

I have one week to study for the QR section. Suggestions on how to tackle/practice for this section in a timely manner?

Members don't see this ad.

In a timely manner? You'll have to go back in time a few weeks.
In one week? Math Destroyer

Math Destroyer and Khan Academy! Well don't just stand there procrastinating... GO!!! ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Pshhhh who needs to study for QR :pirate::pirate:. Tbh, I regret not studying it a bit more. :eyebrow:I think Math destroyer is a good investment. If you don't think you're very good maybe try Chad's free online practice exams or something around that level.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, quick question:

I have one week to study for the QR section. Suggestions on how to tackle/practice for this section in a timely manner?
Unless you already have a strong foundation in QR not much can be accomplished in a week. If you are just tying up loose ends then focus on your weak areas. If you are really struggling it might be a good idea to reschedule, you don't need a 30 in the QR but a 15 won't work either.

Just my 2 cents..

Nancy

This is very true. It'd be a shame to do well in the other sections but do poorly in the QR. Hopefully from now until Sept. 19th will be long enough. :bookworm:

What's your background in math? What did you think of SAT math?
That's a great question for OP. For me, let's just say I was extremely salty I didn't get an 800 LMFAO (DAT math is harder than SAT math so I didn't necessarily want a 30 but I did want a 25/26+)

That's a great question for OP. For me, let's just say I was extremely salty I didn't get an 800 LMFAO (DAT math is harder than SAT math so I didn't necessarily want a 30 but I did want a 25/26+)
Yeah same page LOL. I remember my Statistics teacher in high school who was also a really good local SAT math tutor said that at a certain point, you can't teach any more to a student. It's luck if he/she gets the 800 - and I would always somehow manage to get 1-2 wrong which would dramatically drop the score to a 730 range.

And yeah DAT Math is different, but personally I feel that there might be a correlation between those who "enjoyed" SAT math in terms of studying for DAT math. I feel you so much on the DAT Math score. I got fixated on this one conversion that I did not know (oz to kg to lb or something) and lost 5 minutes on that -.- Had to skip/blindly guess on 3 easy questions on my DAT that I did not get time to get back to. All good though. Still content haha.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah same page LOL. I remember my Statistics teacher in high school who was also a really good local SAT math tutor said that at a certain point, you can't teach any more to a student. It's luck if he/she gets the 800 - and I would always somehow manage to get 1-2 wrong which would dramatically drop the score to a 730 range.

And yeah DAT Math is different, but personally I feel that there might be a correlation between those who "enjoyed" SAT math in terms of studying for DAT math. I feel you so much on the DAT Math score. I got fixated on this one conversion that I did not know (oz to kg to lb or something) and lost 5 minutes on that -.- Had to skip/blindly guess on 3 easy questions on my DAT that I did not get time to get back to. All good though. Still content haha.
Lol our salt is real. There's other ppl salty about getting 20-23s on QR. We should make a club ^__^. Honestly, gotta be lucky/extremely careful when it comes to perfection. My GC score is slightly luck. I guessed on 3 qs and expected a 22/23 lol.