May 28, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
Hey guys, quick question:

I have one week to study for the QR section. Suggestions on how to tackle/practice for this section in a timely manner?

Samin23

2+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2014
Status
Pre-Dental
In a timely manner? You'll have to go back in time a few weeks.
In one week? Math Destroyer

DrLTD

2+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2016
Status
Dental Student
Math Destroyer and Khan Academy! Well don't just stand there procrastinating... GO!!! ;)

Reactions: orgoman22

LuckBloodandSweat

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2015
Status
Dental Student
Pshhhh who needs to study for QR :pirate::pirate:. Tbh, I regret not studying it a bit more. :eyebrow:I think Math destroyer is a good investment. If you don't think you're very good maybe try Chad's free online practice exams or something around that level.

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER... Dr. Romano and Nancy
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
Hey guys, quick question:

I have one week to study for the QR section. Suggestions on how to tackle/practice for this section in a timely manner?
Unless you already have a strong foundation in QR not much can be accomplished in a week. If you are just tying up loose ends then focus on your weak areas. If you are really struggling it might be a good idea to reschedule, you don't need a 30 in the QR but a 15 won't work either.

Just my 2 cents..

Nancy

OP
Thorium
May 28, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
This is very true. It'd be a shame to do well in the other sections but do poorly in the QR. Hopefully from now until Sept. 19th will be long enough. :bookworm:

orgoman22

DAT DESTROYER... Dr. Romano and Nancy
Lifetime Donor
Sponsor
Vendor
10+ Year Member
Mar 12, 2005
New York City
www.orgoman.com
Status
Non-Student
This is very true. It'd be a shame to do well in the other sections but do poorly in the QR. Hopefully from now until Sept. 19th will be long enough. :bookworm:
If not reschedule, sometimes a week or so can make all the difference.

LuckBloodandSweat

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2015
Status
Dental Student
What's your background in math? What did you think of SAT math?
That's a great question for OP. For me, let's just say I was extremely salty I didn't get an 800 LMFAO (DAT math is harder than SAT math so I didn't necessarily want a 30 but I did want a 25/26+)

moose786

2+ Year Member
Jan 25, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
That's a great question for OP. For me, let's just say I was extremely salty I didn't get an 800 LMFAO (DAT math is harder than SAT math so I didn't necessarily want a 30 but I did want a 25/26+)
Yeah same page LOL. I remember my Statistics teacher in high school who was also a really good local SAT math tutor said that at a certain point, you can't teach any more to a student. It's luck if he/she gets the 800 - and I would always somehow manage to get 1-2 wrong which would dramatically drop the score to a 730 range.

And yeah DAT Math is different, but personally I feel that there might be a correlation between those who "enjoyed" SAT math in terms of studying for DAT math. I feel you so much on the DAT Math score. I got fixated on this one conversion that I did not know (oz to kg to lb or something) and lost 5 minutes on that -.- Had to skip/blindly guess on 3 easy questions on my DAT that I did not get time to get back to. All good though. Still content haha.

Reactions: LuckBloodandSweat

LuckBloodandSweat

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2015
Status
Dental Student
Yeah same page LOL. I remember my Statistics teacher in high school who was also a really good local SAT math tutor said that at a certain point, you can't teach any more to a student. It's luck if he/she gets the 800 - and I would always somehow manage to get 1-2 wrong which would dramatically drop the score to a 730 range.

And yeah DAT Math is different, but personally I feel that there might be a correlation between those who "enjoyed" SAT math in terms of studying for DAT math. I feel you so much on the DAT Math score. I got fixated on this one conversion that I did not know (oz to kg to lb or something) and lost 5 minutes on that -.- Had to skip/blindly guess on 3 easy questions on my DAT that I did not get time to get back to. All good though. Still content haha.
Lol our salt is real. There's other ppl salty about getting 20-23s on QR. We should make a club ^__^. Honestly, gotta be lucky/extremely careful when it comes to perfection. My GC score is slightly luck. I guessed on 3 qs and expected a 22/23 lol.