one year english requirement?

Started by Jerking
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Jerking

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,
Some Pharm schools may require me to take 1 year course in English, however, I have opted out of the first half of the english requirement(through AP credit)
Would they still expect me to take another quarter of an English class to fulfill their 1 year req. or is it already fulfilled?

Thanks !
 
Hi all,
Some Pharm schools may require me to take 1 year course in English, however, I have opted out of the first half of the english requirement(through AP credit)
Would they still expect me to take another quarter of an English class to fulfill their 1 year req. or is it already fulfilled?

Thanks !

Check with each school to see if the AP credits can be used for the pre-requisites.
 
If they don't, you can just take Tech or Expository writing. Both classes are helpful especially Tech.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ah, I haven't heard of those classes being offered in my school but I will look into those!
Thanks.
 
I would be careful in selecting those courses because schools may want traditional no frills English courses.
 
I would be careful in selecting those courses because schools may want traditional no frills English courses.

Or if they allow technical writing courses, they may also want you to take two classes to fulfill the english requirement instead of just one.