OneNote for windows 10

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kp11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey gang,

So I just now upgraded to Windows 10, and my OneNote on my SP3 is way different, and took away some of the really helpful shorthand tools...can't remember what the technical name is, but does anyone know if there is another program to annotate on a SP3 that was as good as OneNote on windows 8.1? (I would rather not go back to Windows 8.1)

Thanks,
KP11

Members don't see this ad.

I made the switch to Windows 10 and use OneNote on SP3 for class. Mine works exactly the same as before. You are clicking on OneNote 2013 and not the OneNote version that comes preinstalled, right?

@DoctorKrieger , I loved the "radial menu" for annotating on One Note in the "app" version of One Note, and when I upgraded, it changed the one note app so now it doesn't have the radial menu for quick annotation. I reverted back to Windows 8.1. I liked Windows 10 interface a lot... but the entire reason I got the SP3 was for how great Windows 8.1 is at ppt annotation. I'm sure that Microsoft will figure it out and fix the little things in the app, but until...

If you want to revert, its really easy:

Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Go back to Windows 8.1.

You could run a VM on your computer. Have onenote on 8.1 while primarily using windows 10, then when you need onenote swap to the 8.1. It'll hog some system resources especially ram but is a pretty simple solution.