1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

OneNote for windows 10

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by kp11, Aug 17, 2015.

1. kp11

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hey gang,

So I just now upgraded to Windows 10, and my OneNote on my SP3 is way different, and took away some of the really helpful shorthand tools...can't remember what the technical name is, but does anyone know if there is another program to annotate on a SP3 that was as good as OneNote on windows 8.1? (I would rather not go back to Windows 8.1)

Thanks,
    KP11

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DoctorKrieger

DoctorKrieger Exit Van Left
    5+ Year Member

I made the switch to Windows 10 and use OneNote on SP3 for class. Mine works exactly the same as before. You are clicking on OneNote 2013 and not the OneNote version that comes preinstalled, right?

4. kp11

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    @DoctorKrieger , I loved the "radial menu" for annotating on One Note in the "app" version of One Note, and when I upgraded, it changed the one note app so now it doesn't have the radial menu for quick annotation. I reverted back to Windows 8.1. I liked Windows 10 interface a lot... but the entire reason I got the SP3 was for how great Windows 8.1 is at ppt annotation. I'm sure that Microsoft will figure it out and fix the little things in the app, but until...

If you want to revert, its really easy:

Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Go back to Windows 8.1.

5. Cardboard101

Cardboard101 Wait, I got in?
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student (Accepted)
    You could run a VM on your computer. Have onenote on 8.1 while primarily using windows 10, then when you need onenote swap to the 8.1. It'll hog some system resources especially ram but is a pretty simple solution.