online applications

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pearlynj

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are the new applications for the 2006 year going to be up at midnight or sometime during the day? Anyone know the specific time?

Members don't see this ad.

pearlynj said:
Are the new applications for the 2006 year going to be up at midnight or sometime during the day? Anyone know the specific time?

Don't worry about it. Just apply when you get around to it. Applying at midnight or watching the clock to apply at a certain time is crazy and to me shows how insecure some applicants are.

Don't do people favors by telling them to apply when they get around to it. Applying early can make all the difference and if you don't know, don't bother posting.

Members don't see this ad :)
pearlynj said:
Don't do people favors by telling them to apply when they get around to it. Applying early can make all the difference and if you don't know, don't bother posting.

I suppose if your grades suck. Knock yourself out tiger.

Wow you're a real jerk. Maybe you did get into dental school? Good for you but it really isn't your business so you should keep your hole shut.
And since you brought it up I have a 3.7 from an Ivy League school. Suck it.

Both of you need to drop the attitudes. Slash does have a point Pearly (early application means before July since the applications won't be getting sent out straight away), but that doesn't give him the right to be rude.

ISU_Steve said:
Both of you need to drop the attitudes. Slash does have a point Pearly (early application means before July since the applications won't be getting sent out straight away), but that doesn't give him the right to be rude.

haha Oh I know we're behaving like children but you know I had to say something

pearlynj said:

For those of you who haven't already realized:

pearlnj is a clear example of what we call a "gunner".

No disrespect to you pearlnj, but if you're confident in your stats then don't worry about what other people do.

A gunner? I was only offended at the rude attitude and haven't mentioned anything else, other than posting a question regarding the time apps open.
Why you're bringing my stats up is beyond me and it's very surprising people are brining into question my abilities. No matter what your grades etc you need to keep in perspective a timeline, and I'll apply early because it's advised you should.

Why don't you tell me what a gunner is? It does sound offensive.

As already stated, the AADSAS number means nothing, it is just a way of comparing how early you were in the application cycle, relatively. It wont matter if you are #1 or #1000. I would recommend applying in June if you want to be early but you don't need to stress about it enough to stay up all night waiting for it.

I know it is stressful but everyone just take a big breathe and relax. ;) Do your best, apply early, and hope you get lucky. That's all you can do.

Good luck

reLAXgirl said:
As already stated, the AADSAS number means nothing, it is just a way of comparing how early you were in the application cycle, relatively. It wont matter if you are #1 or #1000. I would recommend applying in June if you want to be early but you don't need to stress about it enough to stay up all night waiting for it.

I know it is stressful but everyone just take a big breathe and relax. ;) Do your best, apply early, and hope you get lucky. That's all you can do.

Good luck
Do you know when the first batch gets sent out?

pearlynj said:
Applying early can make all the difference and if you don't know, don't bother posting.

pearlynj said:
Wow you're a real jerk. Maybe you did get into dental school? Good for you but it really isn't your business so you should keep your hole shut.
And since you brought it up I have a 3.7 from an Ivy League school. Suck it!

Funny, you must be the epitomy of kindness pearlynj.

Members don't see this ad :)
A gunner is someone who is so fixated upon admissions that they would walk on the back of their own grandmother if it guaranteed them a spot at their first choice school. They are overly fixated on grads, refuse to assist others (because "that's helping the competition" to quote one of my pre-med friends), and as a general rule they are a--holes. They have no life outside of their schooling and other application padding activities. Normally they are pursuing their chosen career simply only for the paycheck, although they are loath to admit it. Hope this is helpful.

Pearlynj, You're very insecure, you need to calm down - go take a midol :)

Screw a Midol.....I'd recommend a Xanax. :)

Hello pearlynj - don't listen to these fools (just kidding guys)

If you want to apply ASAP - go right ahead. But as far as I know, applying tonight (if it's available) or in June is the same thing. Because all applications recieved up until June will be sent as a batch.

No body is a gunner. Be nice to each other. Besides, we will all be collegues one day - right?

I follow the rule of 80-20. Listen 80 percent of the time and talk 20 percent of the time. Trust me - you will go far in life.

This first day ADSAS sends out applications is June 1st. They receive the applications online then wait untill the 1st of June and if your aplication is complete they'll send ot. In order for that to get sent out make sure it's complete. This year they won't send applications out unless they have all your official transcripts from all the schools you attended. Last year this same crap happend when they said it would be up on a certain day and it took them at least a day or two after when they said. ADSAS is really bad at correcting anything and also it takes forever to get the correction so make sure you did it right the first time.

ianwright said:
Hello pearlynj - don't listen to these fools (just kidding guys)

If you want to apply ASAP - go right ahead. But as far as I know, applying tonight (if it's available) or in June is the same thing. Because all applications recieved up until June will be sent as a batch.

No body is a gunner. Be nice to each other. Besides, we will all be collegues one day - right?

I follow the rule of 80-20. Listen 80 percent of the time and talk 20 percent of the time. Trust me - you will go far in life.
Then what part of 20% of the time got you put on probationary status?

The fact that you fools (well some of you ) need to call me insecure and a gunner is pathetic but amusing. Thanks for making me laugh on a day like this guys:)

btw I took two midols!

I hope you realize I wasn't calling you a gunner...I was just answering your question. :) And I still highly recommend the Xanax....but then again I recommend Xanax to almost everyone....it just makes the days like today go so much better.

ASU-devil said:
This first day ADSAS sends out applications is June 1st. They receive the applications online then wait untill the 1st of June and if your aplication is complete they'll send ot. In order for that to get sent out make sure it's complete. This year they won't send applications out unless they have all your official transcripts from all the schools you attended. Last year this same crap happend when they said it would be up on a certain day and it took them at least a day or two after when they said. ADSAS is really bad at correcting anything and also it takes forever to get the correction so make sure you did it right the first time.

For the transcripts can we ask for them which they give in an official sealed envelope anyway from both schools for me which is a JC and a UC and put them in one big folder and go to the post office and mail them together. Also because they are still sealed when they give them to me can i do this? Thanks

P.s.The reason i'm asking is because my JC that i went to are retarted in sending to places. For some reason they can't get it right. Last time i had to manually take it to the uc when i was accepted because i tried sending it 3 times to the uc and they didn't get it untill i hand took in the sealed envelope.

ASU-devil said:

last year AADSAS took 6-8 weeks to send out applications. I doubt the first batch will be sent out June 1rst. I think June 1rst is the day they start processing the applications, and the first batch will be sent out 6-8 weeks later.