Online Biochem course?

Started by willagirl
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

willagirl

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone taken an approved biochem class online recently? I was looking at the one via Kansas State, but I was wondering if any of you have taken one anywhere else. thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Colorado State also has it online (I took it last year through them). There was a lot of material but I would recommend it.
 
Iowa recommended I take the Introductory Biochemistry Course through UC Berkeley Extension, and Minnesota also said they accepted it. I haven't done it yet, but I've heard good things about it!
 
I did one through Oregon State. Great class, very decently priced. The professor is fantastic.
 
Thanks everyone!!! That really helps! I am down to my last 4 classes, and will be applying in October to NC State and Florida!!!! Yippeee!!!
 
Also University of Michigan has one, although I would NOT recommend it. I took it this past semester but all in all found it to be pretty poorly organized. 🙁
 
Anyone have any updates on online biochem classes they took at either Berkely or New England?

I need to take it this fall and those are the two classes that Michigan State allows for online biochem classes. I haven't seen many reviews for either of these classes on the Boards lately.

Thanks!
 
I took two terms of biochem online through Oregon State. The professor is amazing and personable, exams were straightforward for the most part, but it's a lot of information to go through in short period of time. The professor records his lectures from the year prior and posts them, so you actually get a similar "traditional" lecture experience, but you can pause and replay as much as you need to 🙂
 
I took two terms of biochem online through Oregon State. The professor is amazing and personable, exams were straightforward for the most part, but it's a lot of information to go through in short period of time. The professor records his lectures from the year prior and posts them, so you actually get a similar "traditional" lecture experience, but you can pause and replay as much as you need to 🙂

Same one I recommended above. Loved him! 👍
And all 12 schools I applied to accepted it.