online biochemistry course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dyachei

vet robot pirate zombie
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just accepted to UTK contingent upon completing the pre-reqs this summer. However, none of the schools I have looked at have a biochemistry course. I technically only need to take the second semester (metabolic stuff). I have looked for online courses and have only come away with UC Berkeley's biochem course, which I have been told may not be enough by the dean of the vet school. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Dyachei! I think that part of the problem could be that schools want a biochem that has a lab component. Now, I don't know about TN, but if you need a 4 credit with lab, then you might not be able to do it online. I would look at community colleges near you - they're cheaper, and often have a lot of summer classes that you could finish in time! Just be sure to check with the dean and find out what exactly is missing from the class offered through Berkely!

At UF we have an online, 4 credit biochem class. However, I don't believe that there is a lab associated with either biochem class offered here. Check with the UTK dean to see what exactly the biochem requirements are. If you can, take i with UF, it's really easy.

Members don't see this ad :)