Online Class (BIO)/ DE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smile matters

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
1. I am trying to take a general upper level bio course online. Since it's not a pre-req, would it really be a problem??

2. Does anyone know what schools do with pre-req Dual Enrollment credits?

Members don't see this ad.

1) don't worry about it, none of the admission pages (schools I'm applying to) state that they don't accept online science courses. Heck I'm taking few right now and this epidemiology is dragging even though it's only the second week. Sorry for going off topic!
2) not sure.

Reactions: 1 users
1) don't worry about it, none of the admission pages (schools I'm applying to) state that they don't accept online science courses. Heck I'm taking few right now and this epidemiology is dragging even though it's only the second week. Sorry for going off topic!
2) not sure.
Haha! Thank you so much!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
1. I am trying to take a general upper level bio course online. Since it's not a pre-req, would it really be a problem??

2. Does anyone know what schools do with pre-req Dual Enrollment credits?
For q2, they are treated no differently because they are dual enrollment. The only issue I would see is if you did them at a community college, and even then it is only certain schools that would have an issue with it. Tufts is one school I know that doesn't allow prereqs to be taken at a community college.

If your question was "do I have to report my dual enrollment classes from high school", yes, you do. Any class ever taken at a college needs to be reported.

For q2, they are treated no differently because they are dual enrollment. The only issue I would see is if you did them at a community college, and even then it is only certain schools that would have an issue with it. Tufts is one school I know that doesn't allow prereqs to be taken at a community college.

If your question was "do I have to report my dual enrollment classes from high school", yes, you do. Any class ever taken at a college needs to be reported.
Thank you! Yea my DE credits were from the CC because that is what they offered. Would you say I shouldn't apply to schools that don't accept the CC credits for prereqs?

Up to you! Your acceptance would be contingent upon you retaking the prereqs at a 4-year university prior to matriculation. It depends on if you are willing to do that or not.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile