Online Classes offered

Started by Tcat21
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Tcat21

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know of any colleges that are offering online classes for animal nutrition and inorganic chemistry?
 
Does anyone know of any colleges that are offering online classes for animal nutrition and inorganic chemistry?

I’m not sure if they still offer it but I took animal nutrition at Purdue online few years back. Can’t speak for chem.
 
Does anyone know of any colleges that are offering online classes for animal nutrition and inorganic chemistry?

I took animal nutrition online through NC State a few years ago and at the time they had a handful of different ones they were offering
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took animal nutrition online through NC State a few years ago and at the time they had a handful of different ones they were offering
I seen the one for NC but it said it was part of a certificate program. I'll call and see if they will let me just take it alone.
 
I’m not sure if they still offer it but I took animal nutrition at Purdue online few years back. Can’t speak for chem.
Thank you I'll check this out! Were you attending Purdue when you took this class?
 
Kansas State University has online Nutrition Courses (ASI318 Fundamentals Of Nutrition): Class Schedule | Animal Sciences and Industry | Fall 2020 | Kansas State University

On NC state's website there is a short list of some universities that may offer online Nutrition Courses (Education - DVM - Admission Eligibility - NC State Veterinary Medicine) so check those universities to see if they are offering the course at this time. If this class is for NC state or another vet school prerequisite, make sure to read carefully that vet school's requirement for that course or call admissions to make sure it covers the correct material (I believe when I was looking into NC state prerequisites, the Animal Nutrition course needed to not be species-specific or something of the sort).
 
Not sure how reliable my memory of this is since I wasn’t looking too hard for nutrition specifically (was able to take it through my university) but I think I remember seeing that one vet school required animal nutrition but wouldn’t accept the one from Kansas State any more? I can’t remember which school it was but definitely worth it to double-check for any schools you’re interested in.
follow-up below
 
Last edited:
Not sure how reliable my memory of this is since I wasn’t looking too hard for nutrition specifically (was able to take it through my university) but I think I remember seeing that one vet school required animal nutrition but wouldn’t accept the one from Kansas State any more? I can’t remember which school it was but definitely worth it to double-check for any schools you’re interested in.
Okay thank you!
 
Kansas State University has online Nutrition Courses (ASI318 Fundamentals Of Nutrition): Class Schedule | Animal Sciences and Industry | Fall 2020 | Kansas State University

On NC state's website there is a short list of some universities that may offer online Nutrition Courses (Education - DVM - Admission Eligibility - NC State Veterinary Medicine) so check those universities to see if they are offering the course at this time. If this class is for NC state or another vet school prerequisite, make sure to read carefully that vet school's requirement for that course or call admissions to make sure it covers the correct material (I believe when I was looking into NC state prerequisites, the Animal Nutrition course needed to not be species-specific or something of the sort).
Thank you so much for the link! I will definitely go and check this out.
 
Not sure how reliable my memory of this is since I wasn’t looking too hard for nutrition specifically (was able to take it through my university) but I think I remember seeing that one vet school required animal nutrition but wouldn’t accept the one from Kansas State any more? I can’t remember which school it was but definitely worth it to double-check for any schools you’re interested in.
Thank you, I will look into this.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Really? because my old college I use to attend had both gen chem and inorganic.

There is an upper level inorganic chemistry class usually for chemistry majors only that is separate from general chemistry (or introductory chemistry). General chemistry is primarily an introduction to basics of chemistry, primarily inorganic.
 
Okay so I looked it up this morning since I was worried I'd given false info, so here's the correct info: Texas A&M does accept Kansas's course, but either Kentucky no longer offers the course via distance learning or it is no longer sufficient for TAMU, so that's the one that doesn't work. All those K-states blur together 😛 def make sure your schools accept whatever you end up taking but you can safely ignore what I said before!
 
Really? because my old college I use to attend had both gen chem and inorganic.


Yes, they are different.

Inorganic chemistry is an upper level course which is designed for chemistry majors and materials science/engineering majors. In inorganic chemistry, one covers topics such as group theory, d-orbital splitting (and T/S diagrams), organometallic compounds (18 electron rule), and possibly some specialized synthetic techniques (such as liquid ammonia reactions, sealed tube reactions, etc.) Although all of the topics I mentioned are both interesting and important, they are not directly needed for professional school.
 
Yes, they are different.

Inorganic chemistry is an upper level course which is designed for chemistry majors and materials science/engineering majors. In inorganic chemistry, one covers topics such as group theory, d-orbital splitting (and T/S diagrams), organometallic compounds (18 electron rule), and possibly some specialized synthetic techniques (such as liquid ammonia reactions, sealed tube reactions, etc.) Although all of the topics I mentioned are both interesting and important, they are not directly needed for professional school.
:scared::scared::scared:
Bad flashbacks to undergrad
 
Yes, they are different.

Inorganic chemistry is an upper level course which is designed for chemistry majors and materials science/engineering majors. In inorganic chemistry, one covers topics such as group theory, d-orbital splitting (and T/S diagrams), organometallic compounds (18 electron rule), and possibly some specialized synthetic techniques (such as liquid ammonia reactions, sealed tube reactions, etc.) Although all of the topics I mentioned are both interesting and important, they are not directly needed for professional school.
Okay, Thank you for the information!
 
Okay so I looked it up this morning since I was worried I'd given false info, so here's the correct info: Texas A&M does accept Kansas's course, but either Kentucky no longer offers the course via distance learning or it is no longer sufficient for TAMU, so that's the one that doesn't work. All those K-states blur together 😛 def make sure your schools accept whatever you end up taking but you can safely ignore what I said before!
Thanks for rechecking the information 🙂