Online Classes (prerequisites)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmGirlJ

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Almost all pharmacy schools required non-science classes as prerequisites. I want to take English 2 and Sociology classes online, but I am not sure if pharm schools will accept those classes. Did someone have a problem with that when you applied?

Thanx and Happy Thanksgiving!

Members don't see this ad.

This depends on the school so you should contact the individuals schools to confirm. Generally, most schools don't allow science classes or public speaking/speech to be taken online. The schools I've applied to were fine with me taking English classes online.

I would definitely check with the schools you plan on applying to see if they'll accept those courses online. I took microeconomics online this past summer & the schools I've applied to haven't given me any problems over it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am at the beginning of my way and did not decide what school I want to apply. Thank you for the responses :)

I didn't want to risk it taking any of the classes online, because I didn't want to do all the work just to end up having to schlep to classes anyway. I took all of my prereqs prior to acceptance in person, despite having robust online offerings in my area. After acceptance, I needed one more prereq and asked if I could take it online - they said they don't generally accept online credits, but they would make an exception for Psych 101. So I guess my choice not to take other classes online paid off.

I took microecon online and had no problems. I think most schools do not accept online science, math, or public speaking classes. You should check with the schools you want to apply to, though.

I took microecon online and had no problems. I think most schools do not accept online science, math, or public speaking classes. You should check with the schools you want to apply to, though.

Can you please tell me what schools you know that don't allow it? Because for instance, I know that UF states that they don't "prefer" it being online, but does that mean they wont consider you if it is online? Thanks.