Quantcast

Online Classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sherif

Hot stuff
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
What do you think of online classes. Do they reflect something on your apps. Are they easier than regular classes, same, or what?

TTSD

Sexually Deprived
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sherif
What do you think of online classes. Do they reflect something on your apps. Are they easier than regular classes, same, or what?

What type of online classes? Like Med school online?! I believe they have that actually..

Or do you mean like the University of Phoenix?

busupshot83

S.D.N. Vet
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sherif

Online classes in a nutshell:

Pros:
- work at your own pace
- don't have to attend class

Cons:
- because you aren't attending a set classroom "X" amount of hours per week, it is easy to slack off
- you can' ask questions in class cause... there is no class

THEY DO NOT SHOW UP ON YOUR TRANSCRIPT AS ONLINE.

2bMD

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently taking Bio 102 online. I personally think it is a lot harder. The instructor has put things on the quiz, and exams that I think he may cover in his lectures, but have not put in the materials. I have taken several courses online that I loved, but this course is a bear.

I am taking my courses at a community college, but I am thinking about transferring to a school 4 year school that has pre-med online courses.

jlee9531

J,A,S
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i took stats "online."

i dunno...the only thing online about it was the homework assignments were on a website and you can email the teacher questions when you were going through the book.

we met twice for the midterm, final and to turn in hw and projects. kinda sucks not having someone to work out probs with you as you go through the material.

i dont think med schools even know what classes were online and what werent.

TTSD

Sexually Deprived
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by jlee9531

i dont think med schools even know what classes were online and what werent.

Unless it's University of Phoenix.