Online classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FireandIce128

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

So I heard that having online classes can make your application look bad, but only if it's the science prereqs right?
It got me worried.
Last semester, I took a humanities and psychology course online, and next semester, I'm taking a social science and health science course online (one of which fulfills my minor). I've never taken a core or major science class online though.
On my transcripts, the classes do not say "online" but there is an O that specifies it.

By the time I graduate, it seems that I will have taken 4 online classes (assuming I don't take anymore my last semester). Would this be okay? (Since they're not major science courses).
 
Hey guys,

So I heard that having online classes can make your application look bad, but only if it's the science prereqs right?
It got me worried.
Last semester, I took a humanities and psychology course online, and next semester, I'm taking a social science and health science course online (one of which fulfills my minor). I've never taken a core or major science class online though.
On my transcripts, the classes do not say "online" but there is an O that specifies it.

By the time I graduate, it seems that I will have taken 4 online classes (assuming I don't take anymore my last semester). Would this be okay? (Since they're not major science courses).
You'll be fine. No big deal.