Online classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spidersong

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do medical schools find taking a couple online classes ok?
I don't plan to take any of the pre-med core classes online, but would it matter if I took say, something like anthro 102 or a psych class online? Just wondering, because I would like to take a class or two over the summer but my school doesn't offer a great variety of on-campus courses over the summer.
I know this has been asked before but I would be grateful to hear some opinions or stories about this. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I don't plan to take any of the pre-med core classes online, but would it matter if I took say, something like anthro 102 or a psych class online? Just wondering, because I would like to take a class or two over the summer but my school doesn't offer a great variety of on-campus courses over the summer.
I know this has been asked before but I would be grateful to hear some opinions or stories about this. :)

Yeah, if you're not doing your science pre-reqs I don't think DO or MD schools care about a couple of humanities online. Many are ok with even taking a couple of your pre-reqs online, even though I wasn't ballsy enough to try it.

Additionally, if they don't show up on your transcript noting they were online, no one will care.

OP:

There's really no way for a school to know that a class is online. Well, technically there is, but the odds of a school doing that much leg work to find out is small.

Liste to MLT2MT2DO on this one. Your'e $.

Members don't see this ad :)
Agree with the previous posters.

I spoke to a few schools, and they all said it was ok, as long as the school I took them from was accredited. As far as being able to tell if you took them online or not, it usually doesnot show up on your transcript. At least it did not for me. However, I doubt adcoms would not notice that you took classes in one state while concurrently taking classes at a school in another state. I don't know maybe they don't look at that stuff. I was tempted to take classes at UNECOM online, but it's way cheaper to take it at my in-state university, so decided against it.

thanks for the advice, I don't think it shows up on my transcript and its with my same school... so I'm pretty excited for them to post the summer schedule so I can register... haha:)