Online Classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PTnerd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I graduated a year ago with a degree in Health and Exercise Science and made sure to take all the prerequisites for PT school. However, after applying this year I got feedback from the schools that I need to improve my science GPA in order to get accepted. I got C's in both of my chemistry lecture classes but A's in both labs. I'm wondering if I can retake the lecture section online? If so any recommendations of places that aren't took expensive?

Also I recently moved to Milwaukee, WI and did all of my undergrad in Colorado so I don't know the area either and I'm not a resident yet. Another hard part is I have to continue working full-time to pay the bills so my schedule is limited.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I graduated a year ago with a degree in Health and Exercise Science and made sure to take all the prerequisites for PT school. However, after applying this year I got feedback from the schools that I need to improve my science GPA in order to get accepted. I got C's in both of my chemistry lecture classes but A's in both labs. I'm wondering if I can retake the lecture section online? If so any recommendations of places that aren't took expensive?

Also I recently moved to Milwaukee, WI and did all of my undergrad in Colorado so I don't know the area either and I'm not a resident yet. Another hard part is I have to continue working full-time to pay the bills so my schedule is limited.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Yikes, I don't know too much about Milwaukee, WI. lol I'm way down south, but I would check with the local community colleges first, to see if they offer any online chemistry classes. I think UofW has an online chem course. Check their website. I'm guessing you knew this already, but that's all I can say! haha

like goyo said, check the community college. but i think i have only once in my life seen a chemistry class w/o a lab. but you never know...

Yikes, I don't know too much about Milwaukee, WI. lol I'm way down south, but I would check with the local community colleges first, to see if they offer any online chemistry classes. I think UofW has an online chem course. Check their website. I'm guessing you knew this already, but that's all I can say! haha

Edison State out of Florida offers an online Chemistry class.

I took an online Physics II Lab offered by Edison State while I was deployed to Afghanistan in order to fulfill my last remaining prerequisite for Army-Baylor. For what it is worth, the class was the single best science course I have taken. The format for the class was awesome, and I am sure after receiving the feedback from the students Edison has treid making the other online classes follow the same format.

As far as cost, I think it was somewhere around $700 for the class, so it wasn't excessively spendy. Plus, it obviously didn't look bad on my application given the fact I was selected.