Online Courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clooneylover

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I want to do a couple of psychology courses at an online university concurrently with a full time course load at my university. I just checked and those courses won't transfer to my institution but they do cover pre reqs for PT. Would schools still take these two psychology courses or do they have to be part of my degree?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You can use courses outside of your degree for prereqs. I didn't pretty much all of my courses post-bachelor's. Did your school say why they won't take the courses? I know there are some suspect online schools out there that aren't regionally accredited. If that's the case they probably won't be accepted for prereqs.

Many online university's are for profit schools which are looked down upon by other institutions. Your local community college may have online options for phycology courses. That would probably be a better option as they are a part of the state university system. Just curious why you don't just take the courses at your current school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't have pre reqs for abnormal and developmental psych. I tried to get it waived by the professors teaching the two courses but they refused. I want to graduate in spring but the pre req psychology is full for fall as well... so I am thinking of taking them online. I am just curious on whether PT schools will refuse them if they do not transfer to my university

You can use courses outside of your degree for prereqs. I didn't pretty much all of my courses post-bachelor's. Did your school say why they won't take the courses? I know there are some suspect online schools out there that aren't regionally accredited. If that's the case they probably won't be accepted for prereqs.

Hey,

So I can't do these courses at my uni because the class is already full or I don't have the pre req for it. The transfer can be refused by the university for that reason. So I basically can't say "Please transfer my course because the course at your school is already full"