online econ course?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heyhey20

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

i was just wondering...i still have to take the prerequisite economics course for pharmacy school and i was just wondering if anyone here has taken an online economics course at a community college such as saddleback? I emailed a couple universities but haven't heard back on wether or not those courses are accepted. Any input from people that have taken an online econ. course?

thanks in advance everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

At my local CC the online econ is the same as the regular econ you just get all the notes on-line and go in 3-4 times to take an exam at the testing center. It is accepted just as the classroom version is.

hey guys,

i was just wondering...i still have to take the prerequisite economics course for pharmacy school and i was just wondering if anyone here has taken an online economics course at a community college such as saddleback? I emailed a couple universities but haven't heard back on wether or not those courses are accepted. Any input from people that have taken an online econ. course?

I did my econ class this way and really enjoyed it. We had timed tests online, and we had a major paper that we had to write and of course submit online. We also had to go to campus to take the final exam and present ID in a proctored environment. As long as you keep up with the readings and whatever little projects or papers, it should be fine. I felt like it saved me a lot of time, not only in commuting but just not having to sit through all the lectures if I was able to get the material from the text.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys,

I took online classes in the past at Golden West, Cypress and Fullerton in the past and it didn't show whether if it's an online class or not on the transcript.

I wish I had taken mine online, my goodness was it boring!

My online classes don't show up as "online" in the transcript so there isn't any way to tell really. And I always check how something will transfer before looking at taking it. In the next 2 years I'll be doing the majority of my non-science classes online, it saves commute time and also hassle. I feel online classes work better for me, I can work at my own pace and it frees up my time. So by all means if it transfer to your school then go ahead and do it and enjoy the freedom it gives. My school uses an online system that has timed tests and assignments. It's really nice.