Online Genetics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adambuff

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone I am going to be reapplying for c/o 2022. I need a genetics course for some new schools I wanna add. UC Berkeley aside what options do I have for online options?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone I am going to be reapplying for c/o 2022. I need a genetics course for some new schools I wanna add. UC Berkeley aside what options do I have for online options?

There are quite a few options, some of which were mentioned the last time you posted this question (you could have just bumped that thread up, btw). It might help others respond if you mention why those other options don't work for you.

Contacting schools to ask (or at least to make sure online pre-reqs are ok!) is also a good idea.

Reactions: 2 users
I did it through Oregone States online program. It was fairly easy, just 4 online tests that didn't need to be proctored. It was just reading a textbook and taking the test so if that sounds like something you would like I suggest that. I feel that the tests did a good job seeing if you actually understood the material. It was relatively inexpensive and all 6 vet schools I applied to accepted this course as a pre-req.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took genetics online through Kansas State. I really liked it because it was recorded lectures + textbook. Very straightforward and self-paced. Only issue is it is pricey. ($1500-1600 if I remember right?)

I took animal genetics through Oregon state U Ecampus. I loved it, and it was about $1100. All schools accepted it.

Reactions: 1 user
I took online genetics through Washington State University. Took it as a summer course and it was a fast-paced and over in about 8 weeks. Big drawback is that exams are proctored through online monitoring (through your webcam and microphone). I had sub-acceptable internet service, so it was a pain.

Hi,
I need to take an online genetics class as well as a prereq for pharmacy, I am looking into University of Phoenix online genetics class but I cannot find any reviews about the online class. If someone knows anything about it can you please respond this is my first time taking a major class online so im slightly nervous.