Online Human Physiology Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

banana_phone

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am currently weighing my options on which online Human Phys course I am going to register for. I want to take the course to gain exposure to the material for the MCAT and out of personal interest. As it's not a required prerequisite course for the schools I am applying to, I don't think taking it online will be an issue.

The options I've found are through UCB-Extension, UCSD Extension, UND Online, and UNE Online.

The UCB and UCSD Extension courses are cheaper, but are labeled "Intro to Human Phys" so I am concerned it may not be challenging or informative enough. UND and UNE are more expensive, but seemingly more in depth.

Do any of you have experience with these schools and their online courses/programs?

Members don't see this ad.

Colorado State University has an online physiology course also (or at least they did in 2011).

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you both for your responses! I didn't know either of those schools offered the course. They are both far and above more expensive than the UCB and UCSD Extension offerings though, so I am leaning that way for now...I'm just apprehensive on the quality/level of depth covered.

I have emailed the programs so we'll see what they say! @LingoLaine did you like your experience with CSU Online Physiology?

Yeah, I thought it was decent. It was pretty much just videotaped recordings of actual in-class lectures (different from the biochem online course I took which was actually designed to be online) but the video quality was decent and it was a good substitute for attending in person. I took the rest of my pre-med coursework at CSU in person, and liked that these courses showed up on my transcript in the exact same way.