Online interpersonal communication course

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by stablecarbocation, 09.26.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. stablecarbocation

stablecarbocation

Non-Student
    Hi,

I will apply for 2016 PharmD admission. I'm compiling a list of schools I qualify to apply for given my situation (graduated college in 2008 and employed full-time in another health profession). Some schools require some sort of "interpersonal communication" course. Does anyone know any online course like this? Please let me know. Yes, I verified with the schools they accept an online version of this.

Thanks.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. NejixRockS

NejixRockS 5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    taking that class online beats the purpose out of it, but well... its ur choice :p I do know some schools that specifically state that they won't take online public speaking courses (UF being one of them)

4. stablecarbocation

stablecarbocation

Non-Student
    I most likely will try to fit in a public speaking course between now and through 2016. Will have to rearrange work schedule around a community college course. I did find some online communication courses through my alma mater and will email schools.

Seriously, pharmacy school prerequisites are more specific than those for MD/DO. Gosh! Public speaking, interpersonal communication, MICRO vs MACRO economics vs general economics, etc.

5. futurepharm303

futurepharm303

Pre-Pharmacy
    how would they even know it was online, on the transcript it doesn't distinguish between an online or in class course.

6. NejixRockS

NejixRockS 5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Some schools do show it in the transcript, and even if they dont, what would u do if they ask? Lie? Too risky. These classes r pretty easy anyway. But he verified with the school and they accept this class online, so this is irrelevant :p

7. Leapyear0208

Leapyear0208

Psychology Student
    I took public speaking on campus so I am good there but for my psych bachelors I had to take an interpersonal communication class. I took that online.

8. MDrxgirl410

MDrxgirl410

Pharmacy Student
    I took an online interpersonal communication class, and even though Maryland says that it accepts "communication/speech/public speaking" my advisor spoke to someone she knows in admissions and she said that the class doesn't fit the requirement :dead: so now I have to take public speaking. But it all depends on the specific school.

About the ads