Online Lab? Odd Situation.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lindzo123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Of course some things never go as planned! I took a 3+1 lecture and lab sequence at University A. I got a 'C' in the lecture and a 'A' in the lab. I'm retaking it at the university in a 4 hour course that is ON campus. You cannot separate the lab and lecture, so I have to retake them both. This wasn't going to be an issue, however...

I am going to solve this issue with the university at hand, but my professor acted unprofessional to me in the first class and told me we should meet at his home together. I don't feel comfortable AT ALL in this class, and I want out. Ideally, I'll be put in the open online course.

I really only want to retake the lecture portion, but this university requires them together. I know that some DO schools don't accept online labs, however. What do I do in this situation? Do I tell the DO School, "I retook the lecture and lab online. I know you're only going to accept the lecture part online, so I have the lab part at another university where I got an A. Will you accept online course for the lecture at University B, but the lab grade from University A?" Does that sound feasible? I don't want to be in this class with this professor.

Members don't see this ad.

Call AACOMAS and ask. I don't see anything wrong with this though.
I took my chemistry class + lab at university A, then later retook the chemistry class at community college B, as far as I know it'll replace without any issues.

If its a 4 hour combined lab+lecture course they won't actually let you use it to replace both the lab and lecture if they're separate anyway.

Plus, AACOMAS strictly says 1 class can only replace one class. So if your class at Univ A was 2 classes, lab + lecture, your new class could only replace one of them to begin with.

Oh! I didn't know that, thanks. It shouldn't be an issue at all then. When I called AACOMAS last week, they said the 4 hour lab+lecture would replace the 3+1 lab & lecture entirely. I'll have to call to get them to clarify.

Members don't see this ad :)