Online MCAT Study Group ...better platform

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NightOwly

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A few months ago we were talking here of forming an online study group, but we hadn't found the right platform... an alternative to Skype.

After talking to my study buddy about the toll our study marathon takes on us, and brainstorm ways through it, I realized it helps to have others around, so I decided to look for a platform made especially for Online Study Groups but that it doesn't distract us. I think I found something.

ThinkBinder.jpg

To join go to:

2) See the red arrows above? Enter a group code.​

MVF7YM *---MCAT Test Prep Group

There are several sections. The main feed, white board, file sharing, and the sidebar chat.
1) If you don't want to review material, you can just check-in and out on the sidebar chat.​

2) The main feed would be good for discussions... it has nested replies and you can "pin" the threads to follow it from your "Watchlist."​

I just wanted to throw this out there in case it helps anyone...

Members don't see this ad.

SDN is great, and I check threads often, yes, but this is closed for participants only.

I've benefited from forming a small study group where we actually talk about the content and bounce ideas off each other, and it's helped me stay on schedule, but we keep it to email.

Hey, it's not for everyone, and it may work, or it may not work, it all depends on the group of people, but I liked the platform, and it's free. I hope it stays that way, like Khan Academy.