Online pre-reqs for DPT programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ptm33

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear all,

This has been heavily discussed in other forums but I have yet to see a substantial discussion regarding online prereqs courses here.

Has anyone taken pre-requisites courses online and are able to gain acceptance into a good-standing DPT program?

What online courses did you take and what DPT school did you go to / currently enrolled in?

How did the admission officers view them and what was your reason for taking them online vs. in-class?

Any thoughts or comments will be greatly appreciated.

I am looking into UNE's online pre-health pre-reqs, in particular.

Members don't see this ad.

I took both of my physics at Dallas county community college online. I have been accepted to Texas Tech, the only program that I know of in Texas that hasn't accepted online prereqs in the past was TWU. They have since changed that policy and now do accept online prereqs.
I believe that if the school doesn't say that they don't accept online courses then it shouldn't factor into the decision. I took those classes online because of the convenience of taking them over the summer.

Reactions: 1 user
On Ptcas they don't even require you to say if they were online or not. The schools really wouldn't even know because you send your transcripts to PTCAS directly.

Reactions: 1 user