Online Prerequisites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jacksparrow1

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
During spring of 2021 my college offered only online physics lab but had hybrid lecture physics classes where you could either be in person or online in the same class and you would just join via zoom with the rest of the students. I opted to remain remote for that semester for various reasons, the main being that I was an employed EMT that needed to work to support family but also felt it unfair to expose other students with what I was exposed to. Is taking that course online a problem for most medical schools or is that within the time frame what most schools consider to be extraordinary circumstances and allow online courses?

Members don't see this ad.

During spring of 2021 my college offered only online physics lab but had hybrid lecture physics classes where you could either be in person or online in the same class and you would just join via zoom with the rest of the students. I opted to remain remote for that semester for various reasons, the main being that I was an employed EMT that needed to work to support family but also felt it unfair to expose other students with what I was exposed to. Is taking that course online a problem for most medical schools or is that within the time frame what most schools consider to be extraordinary circumstances and allow online courses?
One online course would not be a problem. How did online lab work?

Many med schools don't care anymore. Due to my circumstances living in the middle of nowhere I had to take most of mine online, I've found 25-30ish schools that don't care and many more that do case-by-case review.

Regardless, one class during COVID isn't gonna matter at all.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
One online course would not be a problem. How did online lab work?
They primarily would find online programs that were similar to the idea of the real experiment if we were in person and then we would have a lab partner that we went into breakout rooms with weekly and did lab reports before the next week on the program we did during the designated lab period

Many med schools don't care anymore. Due to my circumstances living in the middle of nowhere I had to take most of mine online, I've found 25-30ish schools that don't care and many more that do case-by-case review.

Regardless, one class during COVID isn't gonna matter at all.
That's awesome wow! do you by chance have a list of those schools or can tell me where you looked? I found the MSAR to not be very straight forward haha

That's awesome wow! do you by chance have a list of those schools or can tell me where you looked? I found the MSAR to not be very straight forward haha
I've taken a few online prereqs as well. Would recommend at OOS friendly public schools first. For what it's worth I used MSAR's online classes as well as each school's website and I've been doing well.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah once I'm on my computer I'll find the list for you. There were more that I didn't apply to due to stats fit.