Online Psychology Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

stephilosphy

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've taken all the prerequisites, except for the General Psychology Course. I plan to take it via u of berkeley-extension, but just wondering if schools accept online course.
 
It depends on the school so of course you'll need to contact them, but most will accept an online psych course. Just to throw this out there...UCB Extension is pricey compared to community colleges so unless you feel like you need more of your pre-reqs from a "4-yr" university, that's something to consider....I took my gen psych course at Laney (one of the Peralta colleges) online for definitely less than $100. I'm pretty sure my book cost more than my tuition fees.
 
I took my developmental psych and probability & statistics online and had no problems getting accepted. I don't even know if the transcript even said they were online...
 
Do you need to take development psych for professionals, that require observation hours? or can you just take some lesser or alternative form of developmental psych? I'm confused.