online science class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

myouk

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
ive been considering on taking online science classes (non-prerequisites) at a CC just to raise my science gpa a bit..do you think this is a good idea?

Members don't see this ad.

ive been considering on taking online science classes (non-prerequisites) at a CC just to raise my science gpa a bit..do you think this is a good idea?

Depends on the school. I believe that some schools reflect poorly on taking online science courses at a CC. In North Carolina, the exams at the CC's generally aren't proctored, taken via the computer, and cheating in one of the classes that I taught was rather obvious.

One thing that I would think about would be if you are cherry picking what courses you take where for a potential GPA boost, you may be asked why you did X,Y, and Z via the internet while you attended campus for other courses. Bottom line ... I'd expect an ad com to ask you about it and prepare a solid explanation.

For example, quite a few students take Chemistry 101 at NC State versus UNC because the class is incredibly easy at NC State. One of my previous students was asked during her PA school interview why she chose to take one class at State and the rest of her sequence at UNC (her home institution) and she went with the worked better with her schedule answer which could work for online classes as well.