Test Tools Online Textbook Rentals at Student Consult

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ELS Marketer

Vendor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Online Textbook Rentals at Student Consult

Purchase and instantly access Paperless of your textbooks and reviews at www.StudentConsult.com/gopaperless

Choose the flexible subscription term that fits your course schedule
3 months | 6 months | 12 months

Get a price that fits your budget
Buy a Paperless review book for as little as $15, a Paperless textbook for $33, or a Question Bundle (basic or clinical) for $9.99!

Reduce your carbon footprint and lighten your load
Study smarter and greener by choosing to Go Paperless. Plus, if you resolved to shed some pounds this new year, you’re guaranteed to lighten your load by going Paperless!

Gain instant online access to resources you, your peers, and your instructors trust
Now in the Go Paperless Store: Gray’s Anatomy for Students, Netter’s Anatomy Flash Cards, Robbins Basic Pathology, Rapid Review Pathology, Learning Radiology, Andreoli & Carpenter’s Cecil Essentials of Medicine, and SO MUCH MORE!

Tell us what you think of Student Consult GO PAPERLESS!

Members don't see this ad.

Elsevier's Student Consult will be giving away one free subscription to one lucky member, of Robbins Basic Pathology, Gray's Anatomy for Students, Learning Radiology, Textbook of Physical Diagnosis, Rapid Review Physiology, Cell Biology, Elsevier's Integrated Biochemistry, Internal Medicine Question Bundle, OB/GYN Question Bundle, or Netter's Anatomy Flash Cards. Winners for each raffle will be drawn from among the members who post questions about the product or otherwise meaningfully contribute to the discussion.

How are the Radiology and Physical Diagnosis books? I feel that these are two areas I am in weak in and am looking for more references. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
How are the Radiology and Physical Diagnosis books? I feel that these are two areas I am in weak in and am looking for more references. Thanks.

Learning Radiology has been a surprise best seller on Go Paperless. It seems a lot of students are in the same situation as you :) Attached is a very simple treatment of how the book looks. I had to choose a topic without a large image to fit the attachment requirements, but you can tell how the book is laid out in any case --- tables, bullets, very high yield with images to show you exactly what you should be seeing. Hope this helps!

I have a sample chapter to Swartz: Textbook of Physical Diagnosis in the office. I'll post that for both of you tomorrow morning.

-Lisa

Attachments

• herring.doc
    166 KB · Views: 125
Hi--

There are 50 questions in each discipline's bundle on Student Consult Go Paperless. To see the full list of topics with bundles, go to http://www.studentconsult.com/Gopaperless/default.cfm?title=QuickHit

The new edition of Swartz: Textbook of Physical Diagnosis is publishing on March 2, and we're very excited! You can see more at http://www.us.elsevierhealth.com/product.jsp?isbn=9781416062035, but here are some highlights:

• Over 3 hours of video on DVD demonstrate how to examine adult male and female patients as well as pediatric and geriatric patients.
  • An appendix on examination of Spanish-speaking patient provides translations for commonly used medical phrases and questions is available on www.studentconsult.com
  • Coverage of complementary and alternative medicine alerts you to the clinical implications of these increasingly popular modalities.
  • A new chapter on the focused physical exam prepares you for the USMLE Step 2 CS and OSCEs.

9781416062035.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
are there flexible course extensions if say someone purchases the 3 month subscription and realizes they want it for another month?

are there flexible course extensions if say someone purchases the 3 month subscription and realizes they want it for another month?

We can't offer extensions at this time, but we are exploring the possibility of adding a 1-month subscription option.

***Speaking of which, help me out ---

• Does anyone have a preference about length of subscription for an e-book?
  • Would you rather have it for shorter or longer terms?
  • Would it depend on whether you subscribe to a textbook vs a review book?
  • What about buying e-only for the life of the print book?

We can't offer extensions at this time, but we are exploring the possibility of adding a 1-month subscription option.

***Speaking of which, help me out ---

• Does anyone have a preference about length of subscription for an e-book?
  • Would you rather have it for shorter or longer terms?
  • Would it depend on whether you subscribe to a textbook vs a review book?
  • What about buying e-only for the life of the print book?
I really feel it would be nice to have 1 month baseline of subscription, after which you could renew for however many more months. Many times I am not sure I want the title, and so it would be nice to for a small price have a full text and have time to decide.

what i mean is that 3, 6 month subscriptions make sense because of the length of some classes but there should be more options especially for people with tight budgets.

Hi--

There are 50 questions in each discipline's bundle on Student Consult Go Paperless. To see the full list of topics with bundles, go to http://www.studentconsult.com/Gopaperless/default.cfm?title=QuickHit

The new edition of Swartz: Textbook of Physical Diagnosis is publishing on March 2, and we're very excited! You can see more at http://www.us.elsevierhealth.com/product.jsp?isbn=9781416062035, but here are some highlights:

• Over 3 hours of video on DVD demonstrate how to examine adult male and female patients as well as pediatric and geriatric patients.
  • An appendix on examination of Spanish-speaking patient provides translations for commonly used medical phrases and questions is available on www.studentconsult.com
  • Coverage of complementary and alternative medicine alerts you to the clinical implications of these increasingly popular modalities.
  • A new chapter on the focused physical exam prepares you for the USMLE Step 2 CS and OSCEs.
9781416062035.jpg
This sounds like an appealing title for step 2 prep, but right now im focus on step 1.

Are there any stand alone titles from elsevier that focus on the step 1?

Are there any stand alone titles from elsevier that focus on the step 1?

Most recently, there's Brown: Step 1 Secrets, 2nd Edition

• Utilizes a case-based approach to prepare you for the Step 1 exam.
  • Implements systems-based organization for an integrated approach.
  • Uses the Secrets Q&A format to make learning interesting and effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.